Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a car that has been a magazine have more value to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the implication I've heard from sellers is "it must be good to be in a magazine"... dang, I can't say that with a straight face. No, I'd rather buy a car from someone who has posted their build on the web - then you can see for yourself what you're buying....
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
      Hell no, it aint worth a dime more...
      it depends on the mag..
      if builder purposed, of course, that is awesome.
      ought to be worth more..facts right there written, the whole world can judge a value.

once my sube is on the cover of the rolling stone?

$7.5 million, like an old Ferrari. only better.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Nope.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
          in this day and age of digital media theres going to be pics out there floating all over the intrawebs, just cause it was in print doesnt make it any more speacial than having it in some websites web coverage
          Because of the internets and my constant picture taking of it; my Impala is almost famous now. $10,000 more to the price now!!!
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Want Project X and some 14in wheels

Comment

So y'all are saying that the Cheap Thrills Dart is not worth a penny more that any other ragged out dart?

Comment

I will sell my car for eleventy billion now!

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I don't think that has much value even to the people who own the car while it's going in the magazine. The reason I stopped writing for CHR magazine while I lived in Ottawa is because so many car owners couldn't be bothered to wash their car and meet you somewhere interesting. I even had one guy near Winnipeg who wouldn't drive his car more than half a block from his house because "I washed the diff. cover, and I don't want to polish it again before the other car show a month away." Needless to say his car didn't make it in.

Comment

If I get my hands on a "show car"....it WILL BE DRIVEN...HARD!
                    Not much chance in that happening...
                    Cars..firstly need to be driven!
                    Then they can be "pretty"...

Comment

Hell I've had my picture in two national magazines and my car on ESPN for 10 seconds and I am not worth moreLOL.
                      Nick

Comment

Nice sleeper. I swapped a 455 into my brothers 75 Skylark.

Comment

No, but the magazine itself has more value to me if my car has been in there... :o)
                          www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

oh lordy, yes! Have it all printed up on a big sheet of plywood and then decorate the car with little girl's dolls and lawn chairs it will need for it's new show circuit celebrity trailer queen career. Worst case scenario, fill it with oil and gas and see if it will start. I guess that is a "no" from me.

My junk would be worth more if it was running, much less in a magazine.
                            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

"decorate the car with inflatable girls on lawnchairs" ??
                              www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Aircooled View Post
                                So y'all are saying that the Cheap Thrills Dart is not worth a penny more that any other ragged out dart?
                                Apparently that's what Freiburger thinks or it would be his again.
                                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                                X