Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a celebrity owner add value to a car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does a celebrity owner add value to a car?

Good idea Scott! Make believe you couldn't re-sell it for some reason. Would you pay any more for a car than face value if someone famous owned it? If yes, why? (I would not).
    STUGOTS

doesnt make it anymore special to me cause they smeared their DNA all over the inside of it
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Not to me..
      I won't stand in line to buy one of Groucho's cars..
      I DO find the majority (all) of his cars cool as heck..
      If he were to give me a deal.. Then I would buy it.. Because I like/want the car, not because he owned it in a point in time..
      But yeah.. I'd buy Groucho's car before I buy say? Costner or Tyson or Stallone.. Etc's cars.

Comment

Depends I guess. A race car with history with a famous drive might make me pay a little more but...if some tool Hollywood actor owned a car for x ammount of years then decided to sell....pffft, its worth what the market says its worth and not a dime more.
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
          Not to me..
          If he were to give me a deal.. Then I would buy it.. Because I like/want the car, not because he owned it in a point in time..
          But yeah.. I'd buy Groucho's car before I buy say? Costner or Tyson or Stallone.. Etc's cars.
          Wow, that's very flattering!
          STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
            Wow, that's very flattering!
            Only because we seem to share the same taste in cars..

Would you buy and drive a car based solely on the fact a movie star drove it to the set? .. If it was a car you like, I'd guess you would.. But say if Costner drove a new Camaro, would you buy that or a twin for thousands less?

Comment

Not to me..
              I could see this, I mean lets say I am in the market for a A990 and Grouch had one and Reggie Jackson had one for the same price...I would be more interested in Grouchos car.
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

As a Celebrity owner I would say ABSOLUTELY~!

Loren and I still have one out in the driveway

Click image for larger version

Name:	images[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	872114

That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

my dad points out this rig from some 70s trucker movie, old kenworth. It sits in northern maine, next to other old stuff.

round headlights tiny bunk, days when pedophiles worshipped trucking, the movie was out to show how manly it is.. horribly acted... but I still get the point of to watch it.

anyway, it depends on the person.. my dad is 62 and thinks that rig is famous.

I could speak up and say.. no dad, you are the 5 million mile famous with 1 million more undocumented.

I actually chose cars based on the reality of many miles and on owner that fed it in reality of its locales income.

that is history in all its glory. No cash, but maybe a soul or two flying with it.

..and I do like grouchos cars, the photos shared here.
                  Last edited by Barry Donovan; September 3, 2013, 03:20 PM.
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

All cars are junk

Comment

All cars are junk
                      Just the ones you work on.
                      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                        I could see this, I mean lets say I am in the market for a A990 and Grouch had one and Reggie Jackson had one for the same price...I would be more interested in Grouchos car.
                        Because it is less likely to be stolen than a Reggie Jackson car would be..

Actually it makes more sense.. Cuz Groucho works on his and knows them while RJ pays people to work on his.. Who knws what's really in RJ's cars..

Comment

It's funny when RJ finds some rare Yenko or COPO car he seems to find the OG motor 5 minutes later in some barn. LOL (I mean BULLSHIT)
                          Because it is less likely to be stolen than a Reggie Jackson car would be..

Actually it makes more sense.. Cuz Groucho works on his and knows them while RJ pays people to work on his.. Who knws what's really in RJ's cars..
                          STUGOTS

Comment

no.... just no
                            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 3, 2013, 04:59 PM.
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I knew a guy who once owned Jon Voight's LaBaron.
                              Time Wasters...
                              http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
                              http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

Working...
                              X