Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a celebrity owner add value to a car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope here, too.
    Hey Jim, I'll take that junker '57 Nomad off your hands.........
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I hear Seth Rogan's 71 Cuda that Troy Trapanier built is going up for sale at B-J this year. Do you think it will be worth more because that comedian/reality show host dude owned it and never drove it; or because Troy built it?
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Leave it to Gail to own a Celebrity car! I sold Mom's - I was afraid it would get stolen.

Pay more - nope, not even if I won the lottery. But I might pretend I would if Jay Leno was the celeb and I could get a tour of the Big Dog Garage.

Dan
        Last edited by DanStokes; September 3, 2013, 06:32 PM.

Comment

JOE ROGAN's CUDA

needs color

Comment

and the wheels suck

Comment

needs color

Yeah......a small pink stripe over the rear quarter and a little black on the topside.......

Last edited by oletrux4evr; September 3, 2013, 07:27 PM.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

It depends on who the celebrity is. I bought a 1970 Dodge Polara Convertible, that was John Schneider (played Bo Duke in Dukes of Hazzards) personal car. Did I buy it because it was his......nope, I liked it and it was cheap. But if I come across a redneck who has to have it and I can make some money......then it's gone. Until then I'm just having fun driving it around.
                Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                  It depends on who the celebrity is. I bought a 1970 Dodge Polara Convertible, that was John Schneider (played Bo Duke in Dukes of Hazzards) personal car. Did I buy it because it was his......nope, I liked it and it was cheap. But if I come across a redneck who has to have it and I can make some money......then it's gone. Until then I'm just having fun driving it around.
                  Schneider's a car guy.. Had a Dukes car built with a hemi and drove it in the Silver State Classic.. Did ok.. Nothing spectacular..

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                    Schneider's a car guy.. Had a Dukes car built with a hemi and drove it in the Silver State Classic.. Did ok.. Nothing spectacular..
                    a car guy has his car built.... hell, that means that anyone who's bought a toyota camry is a car guy.
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                      a car guy has his car built.... hell, that means that anyone who's bought a toyota camry is a car guy.
                      Only if he thinks it's a cool Camry...

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                        Only if he thinks it's a cool Camry...
                        it's a toaster with wheels - but it's his toaster

....now where did I put my gold chains?

*and I add this bit of humor - so my wife and I were talking about the Corvette and I made a comment about gold chains and chest hair required - and she told me that there were some who couldn't pull off the C3 because, well, they weren't adequately endowed with chest hair..... endowed.... my sides still hurt from laughing at her quip
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Not everyone can do the things you and I are capable of. If someone thinks their Camry is cool, they still might be a car guy, just a relatively ignorant/uneducated/nerdy one with vastly different tastes and requirements.
                          Last edited by Thumpin455; September 4, 2013, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
                            As a Celebrity owner I would say ABSOLUTELY~!

Loren and I still have one out in the driveway

Ours is cooler than that:

Since I don't like pulling transmissions out of GM front-drive cars so much, there it sits. It did put in a good 180,000 or so.

Remember the Seinfeld episode where George kept talking about his awful little Chrysler that was owned by "John Voight"? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm2iNNqj2fQ

Last edited by Loren; September 4, 2013, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Toyota Camry owner here. Love the car.

You know the only kind of car guy I dislike? The ones that run their mouths online more than they do anything with cars, and never finish the "big huge plans" they have announced loudly so many times. These are the true "wannabes" - they want respect from everyone without ever finishing a job. Whether it's welding, painting, engine build/design, detailing, polishing, or simply handing over the resources to get the job done. Custom projects are built with Time, Talent, and Resources. I like those who set goals and accomplish them. And yes, that is a change in opinion for me - I used to dislike the show car guys until I learned the talent and effort it takes to be competitive in that arena. Turns out it's the same thing as say, Engine Masters Challenge. I respect anyone who is out there trying and doing, versus those who seem to overhype their car projects just so they can brag about it online. There's a few of those here, haha.
                              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                                The ones that run their mouths online... ...There's a few of those here, haha.
                                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_pot...e_kettle_black

Comment

Working...
                                X