Mississippi Delta Crop Duster pilot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mississippi Delta Crop Duster pilot

He's wearing a collectable A-9 WWII helmet with original AN6530 goggles (they alone are worth $250), flying a 450hp Stearman and 'hand propping' it! And making a living in a Stearman w/radial engine (no turbine), dusting, ...rag wing and steel tubing,(no quick remove panels and stainless steel for corrosion control),...no turn-over roll bar or wire cutters on the plane! ...no positive pressure cockpitor respirator, (chok'n on poison)...or even a face shield or rubber gloves while mixing chemicals,...just a guy getting covered in overspray with a old umbrella for spotting (no Crophawk orGPS), on an old dusting airport with Stearman parts scattered about …hard to believe this type of flying still exists. Cool!

sigpic

looks old.

There was that kid on you tube who flew around like a nut on crack..
    has not posted in a long time.

that was all modern.

I'll try to find one.

this short one is july 2013
    I guess my home page does not update like it should.

Last edited by Barry Donovan; September 4, 2013, 06:04 AM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDad View Post
      He's wearing a collectable A-9 WWII helmet with original AN6530 goggles (they alone are worth $250), flying a 450hp Stearman and 'hand propping' it! And making a living in a Stearman w/radial engine (no turbine), dusting, ...rag wing and steel tubing,(no quick remove panels and stainless steel for corrosion control),...no turn-over roll bar or wire cutters on the plane! ...no positive pressure cockpitor respirator, (chok'n on poison)...or even a face shield or rubber gloves while mixing chemicals,...just a guy getting covered in overspray with a old umbrella for spotting (no Crophawk orGPS), on an old dusting airport with Stearman parts scattered about …hard to believe this type of flying still exists. Cool!
      That's from the 1970's. Comments, read them .

The world of crop dusting cotton in the Mississippi Delta flying a dual cockpit Stearman.Sam, I appreciate your touching comments for my Crop duster video, t...
      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

I saw this on Reddit a few weeks back. Awesome video.
        Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

Working...
        X