Muscle creams, Getting old blows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muscle creams, Getting old blows

Hello, now that I'm on the road to better health, but still somewhat out of shape (working on it)
    after working at my job and then working on my junk like I did yesterday for 6 hours I am very stiff.
    Anyone found a good muscle cream that helps, that doesn't stink like bengay?
    Grandma swore by "454" don't know if that's the "whole" name or not but I haven't found anything with that name...
    signed the hurt and sore..
    Like the stones sang, "what a drag it is getting old"

Thanks for any ideas.. just happy to be among the living at last..
    but man o man sore as _________________

I had similar issues. I know it seems kinda goofy, but I found that if I do some stretching exercises before and after I work on the car, it really helps cut down on the stiffness the next day. It is also a good thing to do these exercises when you get up in the morning. Oh... and drink LOTS of water.
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post
      I had similar issues. I know it seems kinda goofy, but I found that if I do some stretching exercises before and after I work on the car, it really helps cut down on the stiffness the next day. It is also a good thing to do these exercises when you get up in the morning. Oh... and drink LOTS of water.
      me too.
      this got serious for me some years ago.. my civilian job was crazier than the 707 squeezing in winter.

life and death for me. A lot od metals, the catalysts. Cold, hot.. on and on. Sulfur. carbons..

I have even been woken up for looking like grey death while sleeping.

oxide is the soreness.

I am at cheap vitamins, switching through brands , I am using some generic family dollar "based on some fish products" .. ended up my favorite.

I used to awaken, do stretches and pop from head to toe...every joint.

no easy way out. As cold chimes in, a lot of hot coffee. Tobacco smoking gets the lungs, but that is a skill (I really don't smoke the smoke).

There really is dead with this same problem...
      play it smart, playing with the devil.
      Last edited by Barry Donovan; September 5, 2013, 06:36 AM.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

by far the best I've found...

For over 30 years, Biofreeze has been a trusted brand that provides cooling relief for sore muscles and joints, simple backaches and more.
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

voltran - it's a prescription

it's a topical gel that is an inflammation reducer
          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 5, 2013, 07:07 AM.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Glad to hear you are getting healthy again. I know you were frustrated for a long time because the docs couldn't figure out what was wrong with you.

Not sure if you should use "cream" and "blows" in the same sentence. People with their minds in the gutter might get ideas.

I haven't looked in a while, but I am pretty sure their are more muscle creams that don't have the stinky smell than do anymore. Check that aisle at the drug store. I also use Tylenol extra strength and a hot shower to help with sore muscles.

Sore muscles are a sign you are actually accomplishing your goals. Muscles get torn down before added mass when working out. They show it by being sore. It will lessen as they gain mass and you lose inches.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Muscle stiffness (my old friend also) best treated from the inside, i.e. diet & exercise (or at-least time/type of such). Not to say that an external treatment might make you feel better though. Mom, a doctor's daughter, hiked the Pacific Trail in her sixties and would basically say that.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                Glad to hear you are getting healthy again. I know you were frustrated for a long time because the docs couldn't figure out what was wrong with you.

Not sure if you should use "cream" and "blows" in the same sentence. People with their minds in the gutter might get ideas.

I haven't looked in a while, but I am pretty sure their are more muscle creams that don't have the stinky smell than do anymore. Check that aisle at the drug store. I also use Tylenol extra strength and a hot shower to help with sore muscles.

Sore muscles are a sign you are actually accomplishing your goals. Muscles get torn down before added mass when working out. They show it by being sore. It will lessen as they gain mass and you lose inches.
                haha mind in gutter.. oops.
                try'n not to use any pills (aka Tylenol/advil/etc) as the stuff i'm on from the doctors, these work against them, and I'll deal with the soreness before harming whats working..
                part of it is inactivity I'm sure 3 years of on and off medical leave and doing zero has a big part in it.. I just want to help with the stiffness so I can get back at it the next day.. instead of walking like a 90 y/o..
                The hot showers help (ron) I'm fully stretched by the time I get to the car after 8hours of pulling pallets and lifting boxes the whole time..
                @boxer, I don't smoke never have that's the WTF about my lungs being fubard, I never smoked, I don't drink coffee and was told I can't have soda, as I was drinking diet mountaindew like a fish and I have a bad reaction to the faux sugar used,(did major damage as no one could ever figure out I was having issues with the faux sugar) and caffeen they rather I not have, makes drink choices interesting to say the least.. but if it makes me better it be better for everyone as I was a rude m/f while sick and during the doctors having to use me like a guinea pig as the meds did the reverse of what they should, or I was deadly .
                allergic , was pronounce dead twice from reactions to med's..
                Last edited by NewEnglandRaceFan; September 5, 2013, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Lots and lots of water and a good hot shower or bath. Don't know how your knee's are, but a mile of light jogging usually loosens up all my muscles and joints. Gets the blood flowing. And I can't stress the extra waters enough.
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

drink/drank a gallon yesterday while working on fiero.. but I sweat like a pig so it was most likely rented at best..
                    knees are fair but at the moment running 50 yards and I'm done, until the lungs get stronger 10-15 minutes on the elipitcal is all I'm "allowed" to do at one time,they figure about a year before I'll have enough lung strength to work out for an hour + straight..
                    Thanks for all the ideas guys..

Comment

I've done lots of physical therapy, lots of muscle and joint issues. Ice is your friend. Heat and cold are your best buddy.

Ice first then heat. Ice brings down the inflamation and the heat loosens things up, then ice to bring swelling down again. I have multiple ice packs I use on multiple joints and parts. If I dont ice after a good workout I wont be able to move the next day.

The ice is no good if you wuss out and use a towel between the pack and your skin...lots of ice directly on the skin...think about the ice baths pro atheletes have after games and such...there is a reason for it.

Good luck man, keep at it and youll feel better in no time.
                      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
                        haha mind in gutter.. oops.
                        try'n not to use any pills (aka Tylenol/advil/etc) as the stuff i'm on from the doctors, these work against them, and I'll deal with the soreness before harming whats working..
                        part of it is inactivity I'm sure 3 years of on and off medical leave and doing zero has a big part in it.. I just want to help with the stiffness so I can get back at it the next day.. instead of walking like a 90 y/o..
                        The hot showers help (ron) I'm fully stretched by the time I get to the car after 8hours of pulling pallets and lifting boxes the whole time..
                        @boxer, I don't smoke never have that's the WTF about my lungs being fubard, I never smoked, I don't drink coffee and was told I can't have soda, as I was drinking diet mountaindew like a fish and I have a bad reaction to the faux sugar used,(did major damage as no one could ever figure out I was having issues with the faux sugar) and caffeen they rather I not have, makes drink choices interesting to say the least.. but if it makes me better it be better for everyone as I was a rude m/f while sick and during the doctors having to use me like a guinea pig as the meds did the reverse of what they should, or I was deadly .
                        allergic , was pronounce dead twice from reactions to med's..
                        High fructose corn syrup can be bad news to some people. In LA, you can buy Mexican Coke super easy now. Still made with cain sugar. Used to be only available at Hispanic owned restaurants, markets, etc; now can get it anywhere. You could probably drink Mexican Sprite as it doesn't have caffeine anyways. This might be your only way to have your cake.

Mountain Dew's sugar and caffiene amounts are only outdone by Redbull. I'm a Cokaholic and Mountain Dew makes me twitch. I won't go near Redbull, not stupid enough to pay the price for one anyways.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Muscle Creams, getting old blows...

Scott I think you missed the rest of the quote here

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
                          and then working on my junk like I did yesterday for 6 hours I am very stiff.
                          That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post

I was hacked! I swear it!
                              That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Working...
                              X