Popular Hot Rodding Magazine - Get Ready For Attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
    After Buying Popular Hot Rodding Magazine for 35 years ...Due To Them Removing My Commenting Ability on FB ...I am Boycotting PHR and the nerds who work there ...store bought cars with 200lb rims on them
    SGM, you are constantly negative about the 'magazine guys', like you are really a superior 'car guy' and are cock sure you could do a better job. I know you are probably more skilled at turning wrenches than a lot of guys, like maybe Hunkins (though I own you). So, if you're so much better, why didn't you blaze trails on that career path rather than go to work flat rate at the dealership? Your choice. While you were piling on the dough laughing about how much you can cut off book, Hunkins was the sucker cutting his teeth in the business making nothing and getting ground to a pulp by Ralph Monte at CSK, and going to events with a $25 a day per dium. I give him credit for surviving and getting to be editor of PHR. I remember working for those guys expecting a 600/mo. paycheck and sometimes waiting three months to get paid. A lot of the magazine guys you want to demean are more dedicated than you think.
    -dulcich

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
      BTW, gonna post on your behalf on FB right now
      Now that will be funny? " This is Groucho channeling For SBG since John has installed a muffler on his poster thingy. " I'm down to Hot Rod from the 6 or so I used to get.
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
        Yes, PHR sucks. Nothing in it for me. CC's, only good to see when to expect the new Elapsed Times. A surprisingly good rag from a mag that sucks. HR's OK, but if they raise the price one more penny I'm gone from it too. LOL. I get an offer renewal every other month for the entire 2 year subscription. Hey, right hand, tell the left hand WTF you're doing.
        Not sure how it happened........for the past two years I've been receiving 2 copies of HR.
        Go ahead and dis continue.........I'll send ya my extra
        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by dulcich View Post
          SGM, you are constantly negative about the 'magazine guys', like you are really a superior 'car guy' and are cock sure you could do a better job. I know you are probably more skilled at turning wrenches than a lot of guys, like maybe Hunkins (though I own you). So, if you're so much better, why didn't you blaze trails on that career path rather than go to work flat rate at the dealership? Your choice. While you were piling on the dough laughing about how much you can cut off book, Hunkins was the sucker cutting his teeth in the business making nothing and getting ground to a pulp by Ralph Monte at CSK, and going to events with a $25 a day per dium. I give him credit for surviving and getting to be editor of PHR. I remember working for those guys expecting a 600/mo. paycheck and sometimes waiting three months to get paid. A lot of the magazine guys you want to demean are more dedicated than you think.
          -dulcich
          ahhhhh you always look like you just got out of football practice

try turning 80 hours a week on the line at your local new puke motors store ..I did ...though not lately

Comment

from the time I was 13 years old ...I hung on every word .....I loved PHR

Comment

Bottom line is, mags have to worry mainly about guys who stand at-least a slight chance of buying something of the sort their advertisers offer this year, that's business. The rest...what do they want?...Not the major issue for them.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

queen ? whens the next bus to SOUTH DAK0TA !!!!grrrrr

Comment

Well PHR put my car in it twice and I got "this" close to getting a cover.(Long Story) I've felt for a long time sense SuperFord got killed,that only Car Craft and PHR was doing what Im doing.

Comment

ahhhhh you always look like you just got out of football practice

try turning 80 hours a week on the line at your local new puke motors store ..I did ...though not lately
                      Well, look, you sure as hell got me there, and I don't doubt you could bill 80 or more in that 40 hr week. That's real work, and I do respect it.
                      -dulcich
                      Last edited by dulcich; September 5, 2013, 06:57 PM.

Comment

the only Magazine I still buy is Engine Masters yuk yuk
                        and I still have mountains of em

Comment

I started reading them again when my buddy Yannick started wrenching on Campbell's Cougar. That whole mess is my fault, so I buy those issues as punishment.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Comment

from the time I was 13 years old ...I hung on every word .....I loved PHR
                              2x. The thrill is gone now, though.

I only renew because I haven't missed an issue in over thirty years (I didn't save my first five years of "Pop Rod.")

Comment

Originally posted by dulcich View Post
                                Hunkins was the sucker cutting his teeth in the business making nothing and getting ground to a pulp by Ralph Monte at CSK, and going to events with a $25 a day per dium. I give him credit for surviving and getting to be editor of PHR. I remember working for those guys expecting a 600/mo. paycheck and sometimes waiting three months to get paid.
                                Some 'o us are wondering where Johnny lost the plot . . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X