No announcement yet.

Popular Hot Rodding Magazine - Get Ready For Attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i freakin love this car, was my sceen saver for a long time when i worked in the cube farm

that is a calling card for a business... SWEET!
    Charles

Comment

I have no time other than one liners

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
        I have no time other than one liners
        Kind of hard to say more and have 34,000+ posts on YB as well as what you have here. FB as well, and who knows how many elsewhere.
        "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by BigAL View Post
          You got to realize the performance industry is dying and these people blame everyone but themselves for it happening. They are so caught up in their own bullshit that they believe the comments of one guy on the internet is going to hurt their business, when in reality they are the ones hurting their business by stomping on people's rights of freedom of speech. I can guarantee you that the babblings of one person on the internet isn't going to hurt your business, but as soon as you the business ban someone for what they say, you'll look like the bad guy for not respecting the person's right to freedom of speech. When I grew up there was a saying, "stick and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me". Seems to me people can learn from this and grow some thicker skin.

And realize Spidey, it's their loss, not yours.
          What it comes down to is a lack of a thick skin. DF is the only one who seems to deal with it well. As a writer, it hurts when you spend a lot of time on something, only to get bashed over it and told it sucks. DF has a good outlook on those thrashing articles and cars; it means they read it and has an emotional response. That is a good thing. Whether they hate or liked it, they read it and it sparked a response. It's far worse if they don't respond at all. To me, that means it was a boring read. Worse than abject hatred.

I'm hoping that Johnny and the staff at PHR take lack of responses as a good response.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
            Kind of hard to say more and have 34,000+ posts on YB as well as what you have here. FB as well, and who knows how many elsewhere.
            Exactly

Comment

whatever... not everyone is into having their chain pulled 34,000 times, whether you are teasing or not. Ends up sounding like you came from the HAMB.
              Last edited by Beagle; September 8, 2013, 11:50 AM.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                What it comes down to is a lack of a thick skin. DF is the only one who seems to deal with it well. As a writer, it hurts when you spend a lot of time on something, only to get bashed over it and told it sucks. DF has a good outlook on those thrashing articles and cars; it means they read it and has an emotional response. That is a good thing. Whether they hate or liked it, they read it and it sparked a response. It's far worse if they don't respond at all. To me, that means it was a boring read. Worse than abject hatred.

I'm hoping that Johnny and the staff at PHR take lack of responses as a good response.
                I think DF's skin ran thin with this site, he hasn't posted here since May of 2012, ever since a select few members here talked a bunch of crap about him. If I remember right his response to them was pretty harsh.
                The Green Machine.
                http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

I think DF's skin ran thin with this site, he hasn't posted here since May of 2012, ever since a select few members here talked a bunch of crap about him. If I remember right his response to them was pretty harsh.
                  Sorry, I just had to. All in fun Alex!

I'm just going to share my projects and stay out of the general hoopla, as I tend to stick my foot in my mouth and say stupid shit.
                  "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

too busy to deal with grease monkeys

Comment

I thought when DF went back to HR he was told not to be part of BS(?)
                      STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
                        Wouldn't be surprised... BS is HR's competition...

Comment

I think they asked him to come back. If so, they wouldn't say much about it. More likely, he is just too busy to hang around here. To me, it's irrevelant.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Not saying relevant or not. I just remember reading, or someone saying not being on BS was a condition of DF's return to HR. I believe around the time BS morphed from Carjunkie. I can't remember any posts by him since. I'd say that's consistant with that rumor. Just sayin
                            Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                            I think they asked him to come back. If so, they wouldn't say much about it. More likely, he is just too busy to hang around here. To me, it's irrevelant.
                            Last edited by groucho; September 8, 2013, 05:46 PM.
                            STUGOTS

Comment

Not saying relevant or not. I just remember reading, or someone saying not being on BS was a condition of DF's return to HR. I believe around the time BS morphed from Carjunkie. I can't remember any posts by him since. I'd say that's consistant with that rumor. Just sayin
                              DF used to stop in here all the time even after he went back to HR. Then came the trashing by some of the members here, after that he would just posts links to DragWeek or other events informing of the rules or event info, and now as it seems he's not even doing that anymore. May of 2012 is almost a year and a half ago, I don't think DF is coming back.

I do fallow him on Facebook, where he posts quite a bit and will actually respond to your comments. IMO DF is a great guy.
                              Last edited by BigAL; September 8, 2013, 09:37 PM.
                              The Green Machine.
                              http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

when the #### did this place become the yellowbullet
                                Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Working...
                                X