Previous owner / Previous "mechanic" rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
    OK. Everybody, listen up!! If you modify, or change the wiring in any way on your old POS, be sure to write down the changes and take pictures in case Beagle is the poor slob who has to work on it later on. Make sure to keep that folder with pictures in the car at all times. Are we clear?
    Does Beagle speak Chevy? I doubt he'd buy my junk even though I have my own parts manual for each of them.
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Rebeldryver gets it. Thank you Scott, that would be most excellent.

hey, at least I admit I'm not so clever as I think I am! Grin. It's the first diesel I've worked on, I got cornfused. Scott's new rule will make that easier for the next car I buy. :D

68scott385, sure I speak Chevy, that's why I let my Ford leak for so long. I was trained by Chevrolets.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Fords left visible scars, Chevy's not so much.
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

be glad you did not buy my 97 grand prix that was literally pieced together form 10 other cars form different years LOL
          Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
          Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

I'm just old. I thought about this and my third car was a "kit"... the head was in the back seat along with almost half of the bolts. I don't know where the other more than half of the bolts were. I had another car like it except it was all together and hadn't been jacked with so I could see what was missing.

What I really need is another 16 year old truck that hasn't been worked on.

Lemme rephrase my rant again from "Curse you PO" to "damn, I'm old." The more I think about it the more I think I was just grouchy because I didn't know what had been removed. Now that I know, it really doesn't bother me.

I still think Scott Liggett has the correct answer and it should be law.
            Last edited by Beagle; September 6, 2013, 01:31 PM.

Comment

The number of wiring hacks in the Red Furd is epic. I know that these early Ford EFI cars have wiring issues, but this one...unfreaking believable.

As an example, the head lights have multiple splices within 6 inches of each other.
              Last edited by Bob Holmes; September 6, 2013, 02:02 PM.
              I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                I'm just old. I thought about this and my third car was a "kit"... the head was in the back seat along with almost half of the bolts. I don't know where the other more than half of the bolts were. I had another car like it except it was all together and hadn't been jacked with so I could see what was missing.

What I really need is another 16 year old truck that hasn't been worked on.

Lemme rephrase my rant again from "Curse you PO" to "damn, I'm old." The more I think about it the more I think I was just grouchy because I didn't know what had been removed. Now that I know, it really doesn't bother me.

I still think Scott Liggett has the correct answer and it should be law.
                Write your congressman. BTW, I was being a smart ass.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                  Write your congressman. BTW, I was being a smart ass.
                  Yeah, I got that... I thought you might sponsor that bill for me though, as cleverly crafted a piece of proposed legislation as it was. I was kinda waiting on DG to get up my pipes about the Camry comments. They were smartass too. Grin.

For what it's worth, my grandmother had an "old lady's car" with an old lady's notebook in the glove compartment with notes about every fill up, oil change, repair. Who did it, what date, what location, what it cost, what the tire pressure was, oil level... if something was done to that car it got written down.
                  Last edited by Beagle; September 6, 2013, 02:50 PM.

Comment

I'm still throwing a bolt and an O-ring in everything you got

I suppose I should get up your pipes about the chevy teaching a ford to leak - but actually, I'm fine with that statement; I'm still stunned that anyone could teach a ford to run

*waiting for BBR to get up my pipes for that one
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

.....and another thing - I was going to ask Beags if he knew how much work it'd be to write everything down that's been done to a car; but I already know the answer
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                        .....and another thing - I was going to ask Beags if he knew how much work it'd be to write everything down that's been done to a car; but I already know the answer
                        today is easy, lap tops and gadgets..
                        chore done, write it down.

I am at 1100 posts with a tin can that started off killing people for 20 years.

funny enough. Not a single wiring error, not a single leak ever.. not a single once in the chassis.

I even bought with roof racks ripped off the top. car must have shaken drops off like a dog.

writing wiring down, eventually to consolidate, makes a nice repair.
                        I moved one wire for the whole car. Gained a 30amp and diode, non bleed amp for ignition.

it hits like a brick.. epiphany beyond the spaghetti.

what was the rant about again..
                        Previously boxer3main
                        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                          I'm still throwing a bolt and an O-ring in everything you got...
                          You're gonna hit the ground throwing anything under the hood on most of them... I'm so damn happy I can FINALLY focus on a gasoline fueled V8 this month and the weather is gonna cooperate and cool down into the 90's, I'm not sure I know how to react!

Comment

Working...
                          X