People who dont "get it"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People who dont "get it"

This was posted on jeepforum about a month ago and really kind of shocked me. Why would someone drive a jeep if they dont even know how to use it.

I feel that this is how majority of the world views transportation today. Cars are just appliences, not something that defines us. here's an example of how sad things are:

"I have 4 x 4 on my YJ, but I'm not sure what it is suppose to do or if it is even necessary.

I have two sticks in my dash, one is a shifter for the transmission and the other is the "shifter" for the 4 x 4 which allows me to put it in 2H or 4H and neutral.

I've only used the 2H and 4H gears a few times and that is just to see what my jeep does. When I click them into gear and then put my Jeep into first gear, my Jeep skids tires with the slightest release of the clutch. In fact, the torque is so strong, that I feel as if my Jeep is going to pop a wheelie. However, I don't go very fast. I have a lot of torque, but very little ability to go fast.

Is this normal of 4 x 4?

Another problem, every now and then, my 4WD light comes on in the dash for no reason and my Jeep's transmission gets into 4WD by itself. It hasn't done it as of yet, but it used to do it when my YJ would generate a lot of heat.

Is this normal? If not, how can I fix it?

I'm mainly a street driver.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks."

Re: People who dont "get it"

I seem to recall they used to make a Jeep model that didn't have that problem, the DJ or something.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I'm not a big Jeep fan, but that's sad. It reminds of the idiots Jay Leno finds on "Jaywalking". You know, the ones who have no idea of who is the President of the United States, or who came first, Washington or Lincoln. It makes me worry about our future. Same level of ignorance.

Dan

Comment

These people exist in just about every endevour.

At the drags all you need to do is to find the guy that's "teaching" everyone else how to race their car and then watch him stage with the rear tires.

Part of me thinks that post was a gag.

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Here's the whole thing:

Comment

pretty much the same thing as the "my friend told me to put sand in the intake of my honda to port & polish it" I'm guessing it's a bogus post, very entertaining but way overdone.
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

there was a post on a crown vic forum a while back where some guy asked how to remove his overhead cams. He meant the plastic cover that says "overhead cams".
              My fabulous web page

Comment

Like HUMMER H2 owners that bolt 26 inch billets and 35 series rubber on them! :
                Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
                  there was a post on a crown vic forum a while back where some guy asked how to remove his overhead cams. He meant the plastic cover that says "overhead cams".

Crown Vic forum?! I'm surprised that many elderly people know about the internet!

Brian

Comment

Ohh, jeez.......

Comment

lmao....I heard about crownvic.net from the guy I got my CV from, he was about 70!
                      My fabulous web page

Comment

Originally posted by min301
                        Ohh, jeez.......
                        Just kidding brother...I know you had one that vaporized around you.

For every PI model, there's 10 with a Landeau roof running around.

Brian

Comment

I know, and lots of the older folks do like em.

Comment

As an announcer, I see a bunch of these people when they come in the tower. One of my favorites is when a "racer" will come up to me, grinning ear to ear, hand me their timeslip that reads 14.364 @ 92.885 mph and say, "If I had cut a better light (R/T of 1.804) I would have been in the twelves!

I just smile, pick up the microphone and tell the people to buy more hotdogs.

Ron
                            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

stupid people are all over, It's up to use to make fun of them!

Comment

Working...
                              X