X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hitlers bodyguard

this is fascinating.

Rochus Musch dies at 96.

I hope it is not in a political category.

just read the article.

I was outside when a 2 star generals funeral was going on jus the other day. I read about him on the front page of the paper. His time was ending when I enlisted in early 90s. I got a taste of old school. Crew chiefs were men, if not.. get out of the way. A lot of prejudice etc.. for cold war reason. I will not say where I stand on the subject.. imagine if you had to?

anyway, I heard the blanks shoot after the command... and realized, hardly anyone was there at theis 40 year generals funeral. A pilot since ww2, viet nam, korea.

Here I am, non-ambivalently across the street tinting windows outside.. also a veteran of the same unit. Completely unknown.

I understand Mr. Musch living a long life. He did what he was told as an enlisted person.

No veteran should be saddened or insaned by a weirdo leader....ever.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Good riddence, Doing what was "told of an enlisted person" is a cop out at best. This dude was a sadist and a POS that should have been in prison or dead. He knew right from wrong and kept to the side of wrong.

This has the possibility of going political, and I will refrain from going any further....
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
      Good riddence, Doing what was "told of an enlisted person" is a cop out at best. This dude was a sadist and a POS that should have been in prison or dead. He knew right from wrong and kept to the side of wrong.

This has the possibility of going political, and I will refrain from going any further....
      a true wrong does not need a gavel. he'd be dropped dead by something bigger than opinions.

There is a lot of things still flying.. even the boxer engine, the origin, who took it in and ... wormed out of claiming invention.

Humanity runs on selfless love..whether we like it or not.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Interesting read... Strange take.. But then...

I've been watching the Nazi War Machines on PBS..
        The way Normandy beach was set up and the whole coast from S of France to Norway, I think was simply awesome..
        And their Submarine base. WOW. Simply marvels of construction..

Comment

Interesting article. Sounds like he was some low level minion. At least he had the pleasure of soviet custody for 9 years.

Comment

I think in some instances you need to consider if that happened in your country. Not saying this is or ever would be the case but lets say you have a well loved carasmatic president that had served his two terms but felt he had must more to give. And he's not willing to move out of the big house. And a lot of others don't want him out. So he has possession .Things are fine to start. Seems just like it did before elections were suspended . Then after a year thing start changing rapidly. The people are no longer in control. You realize your now in a benevolet dictatorship. He does still infact care for the people, it's not all about him . Then he gets the feeling only he is right.And your in the military. He is your boss . Now I didn't say all this to be political . Just that you can't always say that just because he worked under Hitler doesn't mean that he thought every thing he did was right. Sometimes your just not in control of your own life. With that said. Anybody that doesn't believe in the Holecaust...... well....it kind of hurts their credability.
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
            X