Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferrari F-430 (490 HP) vs C6 Z06

Who do you think will win??

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Turn it up and listen to the driver of the Ferrari.

Re: Ferrari F-430 (490 HP) vs C6 Z06

Silly ferrari driver couldnt even get close enough to rear the lisence plate. Won't people ever learn the the ZO6 was built be the hand of god and is unbeatable.lol

Comment

that was totally dumb.

I've seen a near stock Honda Prelude EAT track prepped vettes for lunch at Willow Springs. Why? because racing on a roadcourse is 95% driver and 5% car. Ferrari in that video was taking some terrible lines.

-scott
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Yup, ok.

Comment

Originally posted by min301
          Yup, ok.
          what, don't believe me about a Honda prelude that can whip up on 500hp track prepped vettes? because I'll show you some video of the guy, who was third in points the Honda Challenge last year, as a privateer.
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I won't put forth any percentages, but the bogie in all this IS the driver - no disrespect to the Vette, which is awesome. The way to really find out is to switch drivers and do it again, but they didn't. These are both fine cars, with the Vette clearly taking the win for bang for the buck.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
              Yup, ok.
              what, don't believe me about a Honda prelude that can whip up on 500hp track prepped vettes? because I'll show you some video of the guy, who was third in points the Honda Challenge last year, as a privateer.
              do the rice companys pay you or something ?
              a z06 with misfires at idle makes more power than a quallude

Comment

Yup, ok.

I need no video.

I fully know that it's most definitely the driver that makes the biggest difference.
                I didn't even watch this vid, because with even drivers in both cars, the Ferrari didn't stand a chance.
                I can believe that a really good driver, in a well prepped Honda, could beat on a Vette on a roadcourse.
                At least until they got to a straightaway, where the Hondoid would get blown off the track.

C,mon.

Comment

I can believe that a really good driver, in a well prepped Honda, could beat on a Vette on a roadcourse.
                  At least until they got to a straightaway, where the Hondoid would get blown off the track.

C,mon.
                  C'mon? wait until Chad sees this post and tells you all about it.

Vincent Wong, I think his best was a 1:34 at willow springs during our Track Day? there were a handful of track prepped vettes, fastest one I remember was in the low 1:50s. Vincent's car was a bone stock 1998 Honda Prelude with a standalone computer, it made about 180hp at the wheels on a Mustang dyno.

He's also a race driving instructor.

And yes, he was passing all the other fast cars on the straights because his corner speeds were 40+ mph higher than anyone else on the course.

I'm sure he'd get beaten if an equal driver were in the vette, but therein lies the rub. We all think we're "AWESOME DRIVERS" just like I used to think, all it takes is 3 hours of course instruction to find out that, it takes quite a bit more than drag racing experience to race on a roadcourse.

-scott

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong,
                    pretty much any time someone says anything about
                    a domestic performance vehicle, you come back with an import comment???

Do you own a portion of, or outright, an import dealership?

Why rub people the wrong way, while knowing your doing it?
                    Your a cool dude, but even I'm getting a little edgy.....

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong,
                      pretty much any time someone says anything about
                      a domestic performance vehicle, you come back with an import comment???

Do you own a portion of, or outright, an import dealership?

Why rub people the wrong way, while knowing your doing it?
                      Your a cool dude, but even I'm getting a little edgy.....

Sorry Bill; it's simply what I've observed. As for the import comment, whatever. :

Comment

yestertech imports have the most skilled and best looking drivers

(thanks to toyota for the donation to my charitable foundation )

Comment

I would just like to see those 2 cars, with equal drivers.

Bye, bye Honda.

All I mean is this-
                          Looking at vehicle dynamics, the Vette has great weight distribution, and is RWD, which is a
                          better platfrom for handling. The Vette is not a whole lot heavier than the Prelude, and makes
                          about 3 times the power.

What that tells me, is the Vette owners you speak of can't drive.
                          Anyway-hows things going with you?(I'm tired if bickering-lets agree to disagree, ok?)

Comment

I think the whole import domestic war is amusing....Im a fan of either, if they are fast...

That vetter is bad as but the driver in the Ferrari is fair at best....with 2 equily skilled drivers i belive it would be a good race

Comment

C,mon.
                              C'mon? wait until Chad sees this post and tells you all about it.

Vincent Wong, I think his best was a 1:34 at willow springs during our Track Day? there were a handful of track prepped vettes, fastest one I remember was in the low 1:50s. Vincent's car was a bone stock 1998 Honda Prelude with a standalone computer, it made about 180hp at the wheels on a Mustang dyno.

He's also a race driving instructor.

And yes, he was passing all the other fast cars on the straights because his corner speeds were 40+ mph higher than anyone else on the course.

I'm sure he'd get beaten if an equal driver were in the vette, but therein lies the rub. We all think we're "AWESOME DRIVERS" just like I used to think, all it takes is 3 hours of course instruction to find out that, it takes quite a bit more than drag racing experience to race on a roadcourse.

-scott
                              And this is the exact reason I stick to the dragstrip and dont worry about dyno numbers.

Comment

Working...
                              X