Odds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odds

What are the odds of the last three cars that followed me home being all 66s? It's not like I cruse craigslist and pick them....

Well, apparently the odds are "even money"!

Comment

Originally posted by Ghetto Garry
      Now, if we really analyze the situation it kinda sounds like the car was meant for him. But then I think to myself, what's the the seventh letter of the alphabet? G, as in GG, as in Ghetto Garry.
      I thought I was a weirdo.

I got bored and looked for the number 73 for years.

I'll be damned where that showed up..
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Mustang looks decent, what's the plan for it?

Somewhat related, I had never owned a 1966 car until last year when I bought the Thunderbird. Had a couple of 67s, and 65, but never a 66, and I was born end of April 66. So when I get the T-Bird home and decode the door tag info, turns out that the car was built mid-May, so basically within 2 weeks of my birthday. Doubt that I could have got much closer than that, unless I started looking specifically for a car with the same production date as me!

cheers
        Ed
        Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
        07 Mustang GT with some stuff
        88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

At this point I may as well throw in an engine shot...

It's an original "C" code car. He said there was a screw down the intake so the engine is coming out.
          Unless it's a really small screw, odds are pretty good that it can't get too far. Pull the manifold first?
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

My number seems to be "8" although I'm losing my grip on that. A year or so ago:

1978 Camaro
            1988 Mustang
            1988 F-150
            1998 Buick
            then:
            ME's 2008 HHR

We still have the HHR but Truck is a 2002. The S-10 is a 1985 - that still has an "8" but not at the end of the year. Camaro, F-150, Buick are all gone.

Congrats on the Mustang. Looks WAY better than most.

Dan

Comment

I see... alrighty then!

Maybe when you sell this one you can get some meds to treat your schizophrenia?

Comment

As the story goes the car was acquired under not so friendly terms (bondsman) screw was already removed, attempting to fire would be a very bad plan.
                Simple fix, have GFogg start it, Garry Sr bitch slap him for doing so, and then NightShifter creates another screen name and it's all good. Piece of cake.
                "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
                  I thought I was a weirdo.

I got bored and looked for the number 73 for years.

I'll be damned where that showed up..
                  just goes to show you, just when you thought you were unique, someone comes along who's more unique than you
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

We'll see.

Haha! Just bustin' your chops, man. Good score.
                    Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

The trunk in this stang is amazingly solid. It's got to be one of the cleanest Mustangs I've brought home {as far as rust} since I've been in AZ, and I've brought home quite a few. She's a keeper for sure.
                      I'm sure somebody will. Are you just logging in from several different devices or should I start calling you PsychoGary? lol.

It's pretty clean. I'd like to find one that clean. How's the cowl?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                        just goes to show you, just when you thought you were unique, someone comes along who's more unique than you
                        I don't think I am unique with intention.

the 73 was a suffix to my nick signing off aircraft inspections.
                        there was another "bgd" in the air force...and that nick seems to be a source of art.

b g d.. elephant or something.

I am not a "black gangsta deciple # 73"

anyway, 73 was the year I was born. I targeted a number to get out of the trance of programming.
                        psycho trick for nerds.

..and I'd love to find a mustang like that or any southern car.
                        you guys got it like candy that just needs to be found.
                        Last edited by Barry Donovan; September 7, 2013, 06:28 PM.
                        Previously boxer3main
                        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

you sure that's ever run? I'd pull it down the rest of the way to re-lube the cam with break-in paste!!

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                            you sure that's ever run? I'd pull it down the rest of the way to re-lube the cam with break-in paste!!
                            Fresh motor for the cost of a few gaskets, even a broke bitch like me says that's a sound investment.
                            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

where have I heard that before? HA!

Maybe break-in supplement at least?

Comment

Working...
                              X