Cool Turbo 54 Vette on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Turbo 54 Vette on eBay

Yeah yeah its LS powered, but it looks like a car alot of us could relate to... Dunno if the $$$$ is reasonable as Im not a Vette guy.. but i do dig it:

35 psi on the blue flamed 6 would go over bigger in these parts

Comment

Definetely awesome build!!.Looks so cool with those steelies..it should be driven every day.

Comment

I like it. The I -6 with turbo would have been great for sound effects, but I think he made the right choice. Eventually every one will have a ls motor. Kind of like a 9- inch ford.
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Me likey - very bangshifty
          nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

If nothing else, we probably ought to rethink what the term "truck motor" really means.
            "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

it would only be better if he'd said "I started with a concourse perfect pile of Corvette parts, then decided I didn't want slug of a C1 that couldn't turn, stop, or accelerate any better than the truck from whose parts GM built this car."

I've driven a 54 C1 - honestly, I'm amazed that GM didn't pull the plug on the car because it was terrible when compared to similar vintage cars like the Austins or the MGs. Even the 356 drove better and it was simply a squished bug without a top.

....but then again, I wear a shirt to Corvette events that says NCRS - "not correctly restored stingray" so maybe I'm just bitter
              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 7, 2013, 06:49 AM.
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
                ... Eventually every one will have a ls motor....
                No, they won't. Grin.

It looks kinda cool but being me, I'd have to address a couple of items.

A) front mount intercooler that you can see is either a rice thing or a mustang thing. Put a grille in it.
                B) Wheels. Good gawd man, it's a Corvette, not a tow truck.

pretty neat car.
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

iron block, factory pistons.. and boost.
                  I bet he sells it.
                  extreme powered in a tiny classic body.

those are not popular here.. its like looking through tiny people stuff as original.
                  not as silly as the thunderbird, but still silly.

just a few years after this a ten ton hemi chugging at 3k rpm was sailing by nearly everything.

I'd call this vette vengeance.. the story of the bankruptcy loss included.

it is interesting to see exhaust note is written as quiet.

I also have a weird case of splitting off shorter to silence. Takes a feisty build to flip the concept of decibels backwards to be quiet.

Not many did or do in history.
                  nice build.
                  Last edited by Barry Donovan; September 7, 2013, 07:37 AM.
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                    No, they won't. Grin.

It looks kinda cool but being me, I'd have to address a couple of items.

A) front mount intercooler that you can see is either a rice thing or a mustang thing. Put a grille in it.
                    B) Wheels. Good gawd man, it's a Corvette, not a tow truck.

pretty neat car.
                    oh Beags, we've been working on legislation to make all Fords illegal - it's taken some doing, but we've convinced both parties that it is in their interest to take such a step. For the conservatives, it was a ROI on GM, for the liberals, it was OnStar that convinced them....
                    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 7, 2013, 07:52 AM.

Comment

guess the Buick GN intercoolers don't count
                      I liked the little fan on the crank pulley

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                        oh Beags, we've been working on legislation to make all Fords illegal...
                        ...but then someone figured out we needed at least ONE company savvy enough to build cars without monetary assistance from the Feds.

I think this '54 rocks - and applaud the guy for daily driving it. eBay shows the listing ended without a bid. I think it's worth the $$ and wonder if it was sold locally?

Comment

ford took plenty of taxpayer dough in 2006 and 2009

communist GM cars and trucks are better than all yuk yuk

Comment

Ford applied for available funds, didn't walk up with their hand in their hat. Played it smart, but yeah, they got the money. That doesn't change the fact that this car needs a grille.
                            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                              Ford applied for available funds, didn't walk up with their hand in their hat. Played it smart, but yeah, they got the money. That doesn't change the fact that this car needs a grille.
                              ....and the government saved themselves having to pick up all the pensions that were guaranteed by the US Government...

still .... this needs to be said

Comment

Working...
                              X