Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we need an "And Everything Else" forum under projects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    We tried an audio thread that didn't last long. We tried a bicycle thread that didn't last long either... but pdub...

is The Derailleur.

Oh let's face it. We have a trademark on derail here.

Or in my case, contribute... to derailling. My own thread. Awesome.
    cheap ass derailleur... it needs to be a Dura Ace (or, as they say in the pits "do you race")

going with the good derail - the reason the Deore is crap - inside it uses plastic bits to move the derailleur; which, if you're pedaling up a hill and you want to shift, if you shift your derailleur will look like a 302 driving over it's crank after it's been unzipped..

Leave a comment:

• Barry Donovan
    replied
    I thought of one awhile back..
    if the sections get big enough.
    one for restomod, that could be injection in an old something..
    then there is the concourse every nut and bolt replace as era correct.

and there is another one, near untouched.. a word I learned from a Porsche guru. This leaves the paint alone etc, fix what is broken. I never remember the word for that.

a million mile 356 could be found there etc.

just an idea.

I pushed boundaries with a very unique ricer, still glad to be here than anywhere.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; September 11, 2013, 08:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    DUDE!!!!!

.... I've threatened for years to put a Briggs E-tek @ 72v on a Rascal, but that is craziness! I LOVE IT.
    Last edited by Beagle; September 11, 2013, 06:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tardis454
    replied
    I'd like to see a forum for modified mobility scooters

Last edited by tardis454; September 11, 2013, 05:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
    So......ahhhhhhh.......a 'short arm' ( I was in the Army 22 years) is better to those snotty road racers?? No wonder they like spandex.
    might as well, the seat takes care of the rest of the jewels. I would have *Killed* for Shimano stuff that nice when I was a kid. Turns out Abu Garcia has competetion from the Japanese as well.
    I've spent a lot, and I mean a lot, of time on bicycles, so I'm familiar with the situation..........in the long run, I'm just thankful to have a derailleur, or 'arm'............
    Last edited by oletrux4evr; September 11, 2013, 05:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
    So......ahhhhhhh.......a 'short arm' ( I was in the Army 22 years) is better to those snotty road racers?? No wonder they like spandex.
    might as well, the seat takes care of the rest of the jewels. I would have *Killed* for Shimano stuff that nice when I was a kid. Turns out Abu Garcia has competetion from the Japanese as well.

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Shimano_xt_rear_derailleur.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	872213

That's Shimano, cheap stuff that works really good. But it doesn't impress anybody. Back in my day you had to have Campagnolo,supposedly Italian, the same stuff, same thing but it made all the racers go WHOA - you've got Campy stuff! It was a brain game.

And that's a wide-ratio six speed cog, touring bike stuff. And the derailler has a long arm on it - you don't want to show up at a bike race with that - the gearhead snotty road racers will call you impotent or something to try to get into your head and make you lose the race before it starts.
    Last edited by pdub; September 11, 2013, 05:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    I'd say "Sold!"

although that is kinda shitty. I'd probably have to throw a flag at that. I suspect Wal-Mart would walk you out for handing out K-Mart ads in their store.
    Without a doubt! Lol...

I just asked the other guys to start their own ads..

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    I'd say "Sold!"

although that is kinda shitty. I'd probably have to throw a flag at that. I suspect Wal-Mart would walk you out for handing out K-Mart ads in their store.
    Last edited by Beagle; September 11, 2013, 03:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    I gotta laugh... On the derby web I got a complaint by a poster about guys offering stuff for sale cheaper than his on his threads..
    What am I, as an admin. supposed to do/say?

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    We tried an audio thread that didn't last long. We tried a bicycle thread that didn't last long either... but pdub...

is The Derailleur.

Oh let's face it. We have a trademark on derail here.

Or in my case, contribute... to derailling. My own thread. Awesome.
    Last edited by Beagle; September 11, 2013, 03:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by peewee View Post
    Uhhh guys, uhhh....hello? I, like, did that on purpose, just to get Scott to post the red laughing face. It worked!

And by the way, did you hear about the guy who thought asphalt was butt trouble?

I'm sorry, that was off topic. I hate off topic stuff.
    So says the master derailer!
    Resident off topic starter
    You know you love to derail! After all you were a master of derailers on your bike! (shifting is derailing)

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    Naah.. He forgot to pull his shorts up so the proper hole gets spoken out of...
    Uhhh guys, uhhh....hello? I, like, did that on purpose, just to get Scott to post the red laughing face. It worked!

And by the way, did you hear about the guy who thought asphalt was butt trouble?

I'm sorry, that was off topic. I hate off topic stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Holmes
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X