X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russell
    replied
    This is a volkswagon bug. mostly orignal sheet metal just be adjusted

I think this is cool it was part of the Grassroots $2009 Challenge.

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    Good question. It's a shame when a 'real steel' car can't compete with a plastic clone. Seen a '40 Ford that was pulled out of a tree row lose to a plastic "40 Ford" that didn't have a single 40 Ford part on it......just not right IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied
    This is registered as a '69 International Scout.

Leave a comment:

• Barry Donovan
    replied
    if its got vin plates, anything goes.

even the Shelby has hacks still flying.

As things get newer, the unique font stamp is a clue, non vin plate vehicles.

I do not know when they caught onto that in history. I know the 80s had other areas to verify.

it all seems stupid. a stamped firewall and a brutal engine fire demands a repair.. I suppose the salvage route and reissue is legit.

I am still deciphering phony odometers... long term use of one car makes a pro at it.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Hmmm?? Good question..
    I'd hazzard a guess and say if the cowl/vin is 69 Camaro.. Then it is a 69
    But if Year One provides the cowl and vin, it'd be a Year One?
    This would be how I see it..
    But then, I'm a hack..
    Last edited by Deaf Bob; September 10, 2013, 09:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell View Post
    Now that you can buy new nearly ever part to build a '69 camaro from scratch. There are "restos" that look like they replace 85+% of the sheet metal. Is it really an XYZ car or is it a Year One? What part makes a car a car, the Frame? unibody? firewall? roof? or is the VIN number all that counts? What part or how much of the orignal car is needed to still say its it that car?
    Ive seen a couple hemi car resto's where the only left of the original car was the drivetrain and vin plates.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    started a topic What part of a car makes it or that car

What part of a car makes it or that car

Now that you can buy new nearly ever part to build a '69 camaro from scratch. There are "restos" that look like they replace 85+% of the sheet metal. Is it really an XYZ car or is it a Year One? What part makes a car a car, the Frame? unibody? firewall? roof? or is the VIN number all that counts? What part or how much of the orignal car is needed to still say its it that car?
    Last edited by Russell; September 10, 2013, 09:09 AM.
Working...
X