v12 formula 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v12 formula 1

best sound clips I have ever heard of the elusive v12.

when stroke gets short, the wah wah in the throttle happens.

I do not doubt what happens next, to get it out of it.

incredibly freakish.

the wah wha is something boxers can get once overlap heads into 260 degrees..its a sideways thing.

I joke of my own, because it has a 2.65 inch stroke, big air fuel, and the big cams..
    I get the wah wahs randomly. Same back off and sputter, and let it rip again...pretend you are casual strolling thru a downtown.

that is with intake damper.. without is outright brutal, old draft Porsche kinda brutal. hard to get going.

anyway, engines can be amazing.
    little v12 is legend...as is the big.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; September 10, 2013, 07:46 PM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Thanks Barry! Second to the F1 v12 for me is a set of 180 degree headers on a V8.
    Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

Originally posted by SSChevyManiac View Post
      Thanks Barry! Second to the F1 v12 for me is a set of 180 degree headers on a V8.
      this a funky sound
      ford gt,

some race boats.
      I was just looking at a 351 Windsor, hydraulic lifters..smack dab in the middle of a little 20 foot boat.

that is not 180 headers, but the interaction of the cooling headers. wow.
      another crazy sound to record some time.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of F1 engines - all the snarl and whine is cool.
        But this supercharged BRM V-16 defines menacing snarls and banshee wails.
        The BRM V16 Mk2.The stats alone for this car make for awesome reading:• 16 cylinders• 1.5 litres• Twin superchargers• Methanol fueled• Disc brakes front and ...

At idle it nearly cackles like a fueler, and wide open it sounds like nothing else.
        Of course, there's nothing to watch - but who cares with this glorious beast ripping by in stereo?
        Last edited by studemax; September 10, 2013, 10:15 PM.
        Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

a perfectly set up V8 sounds so F'n sweet with 180 deg headers

"if it's too loud you're too old !!! "sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
            Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of F1 engines - all the snarl and whine is cool.
            But this supercharged BRM V-16 defines menacing snarls and banshee wails.
            The BRM V16 Mk2.The stats alone for this car make for awesome reading:• 16 cylinders• 1.5 litres• Twin superchargers• Methanol fueled• Disc brakes front and ...

At idle it nearly cackles like a fueler, and wide open it sounds like nothing else.
            Of course, there's nothing to watch - but who cares with this glorious beast ripping by in stereo?

love the sound of those BRM V16's
            "if it's too loud you're too old !!! "sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X