• Show
Clear All

• Re: Stude lark Gasser lust

I found another interesting tool set that might help

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Here's a 61 Skylark project you might like Dave. Not done yet that I am aware, so stuff is still in primer, not quite assembled.

Royce documented his build in great detail -- he did some pretty serious chassis work to it and made some mods to the interior/dash, sheetmetal, suspension, pretty much everything. Lots of pictures for ideas. Royce is in CA too and a heck of a nice guy. Here are links to his albums and a couple pics of his work.

Comment

DF Michael Myers is the son of Jon Myers of Myers Studebaker. He runs the Lark like yours known as Spooky. I think his is sort of like what you are talking about. Not exactly, I know, but sort of. He may have some info. that you could use. Note that he only uses the truck grill, but not the truck side grills. Needs both IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
          Originally posted by Chassisman
          the paint job looks old...patina is awesome if done right....
          That's why I don't get it. Patina is not something you can apply....it comes from age, and this car's bodywork is obviously new, because no one made them look like that in the old days. So it just looks like a blatant fake.

I don't get it.
          So is my car a rusted out POS...or does it have PATINA? I am confused....

Comment

It's a rusted out POS with a bit of extra patina. Don't sweat it....just keep on working on it.

It's kind of strange, but normal weathering on a car that's in basically good condition is desirable, but too much weathering so the car is rusted out is not desirable. The really sweet ones are those that are in very good original condition, and you can tell that they've never been messed with....they have just enough wear and aging so you can tell it's old, but not enough that it looks bad.

My fabulous web page

Comment

It's a rusted out POS with a bit of extra patina. Don't sweat it....just keep on working on it.

It's kind of strange, but normal weathering on a car that's in basically good condition is desirable, but too much weathering so the car is rusted out is not desirable. The really sweet ones are those that are in very good original condition, and you can tell that they've never been messed with....they have just enough wear and aging so you can tell it's old, but not enough that it looks bad.

But only on during a leap year and on the third thursday of every month during a full moon

Comment

Dave I would think if you "warm" ;) the metal up enough, it would move
                2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

It's kind of strange, but normal weathering on a car that's in basically good condition is desirable, but too much weathering so the car is rusted out is not desirable.
                  In Michigan the length of time a car shows "good patina" before it is "rusted out and not desirable" is a period of about 12 hours and usually occurs when a car is 6-10 years old. You go to bed one night saying to yourself "Wow, that car suddenly has a nice patina to it" then you wake up the next day and go to put the key in the door and it instantly dissolves into a pile of rust at your feet.

OK, maybe it's not that extreme . . . my Wife has told me a million times not to exaggerate.

Comment

We're spoiled down here in the southwest....not many of them get trashed from rust...but a few do! That 56 plymouth convertible we dragged home from sitting out in the desert for 25 years was pretty rough, and would look at home up there in the wetlands.
                    My fabulous web page

Comment

I had the chance to buy a 3rd gen Z28, a Michigan car, the top of it was perfect,
                      the patina was the whole underside.
                      :'(
                      Not unlike that car they "buried" for 50 years.

Comment

Working...
                      X