Talk About Blowing Your Doors Off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk About Blowing Your Doors Off.

Tom Bailey, the new king of the street, blew his own door off on the final pass of the day. F'n awesome!!!!

The Green Machine.
    http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

not enough glue on the Revell body....
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

How the heck is he going to fix that well enough for more 200mph passes? A true test of the strength of duct tape I imagine. Too cool.
      www.FBthrottlebodies.com
      Bruce K Bridges

Comment

Originally posted by BKBridges View Post
        How the heck is he going to fix that well enough for more 200mph passes? A true test of the strength of duct tape I imagine. Too cool.
        Well they do call duct tape the 200mph tape.
        The Green Machine.
        http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

We used it to patch bullet holes in Huey rotor blades in Sunny Southeast Asia........one or two wraps over the hole, then the same on the opposite blade to balance the rotor system......
          Last edited by oletrux4evr; September 13, 2013, 03:13 PM.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Is this where we point out that that wouldn't happen to a steel door? just adding fuel to the real street car vs promods. I don't care one way or another.
            Bailey's the new King! Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
              We used it to patch bullet holes in Huey rotor blades in Sunny Southeast Asia........one or two wraps over the hole, then the same on the opposite blade to balance the rotor system......
              Awesome !!!

Comment

Originally posted by 66PAPR W8 View Post
                Is this where we point out that that wouldn't happen to a steel door? just adding fuel to the real street car vs promods. I don't care one way or another.
                steel simply grumbles the same spot. That is an interesting error revealed with composite.
                I agree.. congrats on the fast times.
                Last edited by Barry Donovan; September 13, 2013, 03:28 PM.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

We used to slap that aluminum foil tape on C-17s all the time... they flew somewhere in the 450-550 mph range. (something like 0.75 Mach)
                  Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Originally posted by 66PAPR W8 View Post
                    Treed. ( I really think if you can build a car around a license plate and your state take your registration money.....you should be able to run it.)
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I can see both sides of the argument but at the end of the day if someone is willing to drive their car between the tracks like these guys do on Drag Week and make the whole week then it is a legit street car. I don't care what class they run, how fast the car is, if it makes the week then the car is a legitimate street machine.

Having said that I personally don't think Bailey's car is as extreme as many make it out to be.

Comment

FUN TIMES and BIG MONEY !!!! for no prize

Comment

Y'all should've seen that car run today...omg. I got to see his pass that made him the first to have a 6 second average all week and just couldn't believe it was still street legal.
                          Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

Originally posted by catchmeblue70 View Post
                            Y'all should've seen that car run today...omg. I got to see his pass that made him the first to have a 6 second average all week and just couldn't believe it was still street legal.
                            I'd be in awe of the sound as much as sight.To drive 200 mile leaps inbetween, setup that extreme.. it is only a whiff of times ahead. metal or composite, its all anybodies game.
                            Previously boxer3main
                            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
                              I'd be in awe of the sound as much as sight.To drive 200 mile leaps inbetween, setup that extreme.. it is only a whiff of times ahead. metal or composite, its all anybodies game.
                              I can't say much about the sound beyond it was loud since I had my shooting earmuffs on most of the time. I don't know how they drove those cars so far being so loud.
                              Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

Working...
                              X