No announcement yet.

Talk About Blowing Your Doors Off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard them here at Indy, they didn't seem all that loud. And at cruising speed probably tolerable.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Well , I am 51 and had some loud daily drivers and worked in a factory for 33 years. So, maybe they are loud.
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Street legal and streetable are 2 different things.. I think..

Comment

Here the car is at Gateway this week.......I was under the tower at starting line.

Gives you an idea of how quick the car was....it was bad ass.

This is a photobucket link......click on pic to play.

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I look at it this way, it's an UNLIMITED class, that means basically no rules. The way racing goes, there's always someone looking to up the ante. Nobody's happy to say "I finished 2nd, that's good enough for me". Do you think in boat racing when the unlimited hydroplane classes evolved to where they are now, that people said "you can't fish off of it or waterski behind it, so it's not a boat"? The dang things can't even float for extended periods! It's just the evolution of racing. Someone will always come up with more money or better technology to go for the win...

Comment

Idling before staging

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
                I heard them here at Indy, they didn't seem all that loud. And at cruising speed probably tolerable.
                I first heard the car when he pulled into the hotel here at Indy with a trailer in tow. It was loud but not excessively so. Watched him make a 6.70/213 pass the next morning. Regardless of what you might think about the car or the class it is in, it was awesome to see it (and the others) run.
                We went to watch and support our fellow BS'rs race and compete. I am glad we did and got to see them run, but didn't get the chance to meet very many. DW is a very busy time for them. I hope everybody had fun and glad that most (but unfortuneately not all) of the men, women and machines survived.
                PS...Glad to meet and chat with you Dan
                FKA Redragtop
                (formerly known as)

Comment

It is hard to explain how much of a physical and mental challenge Drag Week is to complete; never mind the what is required in advance in terms of car preparation. Every time I've gone I swear I will spend more time hanging out and talking to folks, especially fellow BS'ers, but once in the thick of it, it's hard to do, even if nothing breaks. The best way to catch folks is along the route or at the hotels, at the tracks everyone is in un-pack/flog/re-pack/get on the road mode. This year's 1049 mile length was a nice change from the 1400+ last year, but the heat and rain are great equalizers.
                  Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Rocketman......It was a blast. Ran into Milner and Neal. Keith put me to work in the unlimited inpound pit . Was fun. Wife handed ther husband a water while he was under the Nova wagon fixing his broken wheelie bars with his co-driver. With a straight face I looked at her a told her I was sorry but that disquaified them. She looked at me and I couldn't hold it in anymore. Thats when she told me she was a lawyer. Good thing I was just joking ' or I probably would have found I came to a gun fight with a letter opener.
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                      It is hard to explain how much of a physical and mental challenge Drag Week is to complete; never mind the what is required in advance in terms of car preparation. Every time I've gone I swear I will spend more time hanging out and talking to folks, especially fellow BS'ers, but once in the thick of it, it's hard to do, even if nothing breaks. The best way to catch folks is along the route or at the hotels, at the tracks everyone is in un-pack/flog/re-pack/get on the road mode. This year's 1049 mile length was a nice change from the 1400+ last year, but the heat and rain are great equalizers.
                      I strangely relate to independent trucking... I'd truly have a blast. I have an iridescent brown car.. it is my favorite color. I am liking that in the fastest car. All the photos are instant value regardless of appearance.. but am really liking it. I'd buy a big one, if they start selling.
                      Last edited by Barry Donovan; September 14, 2013, 02:29 PM.
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                      X