What music would you buy now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What music would you buy now

I've tried to do this several times, but I couldn't get any one to go along, so I'll try it here. You all seem like a go along with kind of group.

If you went into a....record...CD... download... store... site...I don't know what to call it, What would you buy. I'm talking music. I'm talking specifics too. Not just the artist, but the acual CD or song that you're want.

I'll start by saying the Foo Fighters. I've been a fan since the first , but The Pretender Makes me want to buy the latest CD, Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace. Sometimes songs just talk to you.
    Cognizant Dissident

Re: What music would you buy now

I want to buy John Mayer's last cd, I listened to it before and it had a nice vibe to it.

Comment

Not so mutch on his poplular songs, but If you see any concert footage, JohnMeyer is an awesome plyer. Very impressive. I want to say more raving reviews about his abilities, but words escape me. Can any players help me?
      Cognizant Dissident

Comment

He seems to me at least to play with some soul unlike a lot of these new guys out that care more about looking cool while playing than just feeling the music.

Comment

I am really looking forward to hearing the new The Postal Service cd. The last one ("Give Up") was one of the very few CDs that I can listen all the way through without skipping over and over...
          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

My next music purchase will be "The Best of the James Gang."
            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Anything live by Rory Gallagher. He played better live than he did in the studio, and some of his performances have to be heard to be believed. He created this energy like a tornado that went on for two plus hours. There is no guitarist who ever lived who could roast your brain live and leave the air smoking from the energy like he could. I have his 1974 Irish Tour, and will be getting the Montreaux DVD. He died way before his time, at 47, but his music will live on forever. 30 million albums sold and no one has heard of him except other musicians like Bob Dylan, John Lennon, Slash, The Edge from U2, Brian May who all adored his music and the way he put on a show. He had the tightest three piece band you could ever hear, his guitar absolutely knocked you outplaying rhythm, lead, singing, and writing nearly all of his songs. He is a giant that was way under rated, but he never sold out to commercial success and taught other people how to get that energy in them.

Comment

Originally posted by NMCA_Ron
                My next music purchase will be "The Best of the James Gang."
                That was a great one! "Walk Away" is one of my favorites off of that one. Johnny Winter Live is another good one from that time. "There's a Riot Goin' On in Cell Block Number Nine" is a bad ass song.

Comment

I still buy a couple CDs a week. Usually buying old stuff to replace something I had on vinyl. The last "new" album I purchased was Raising Sand by Robert Plant and Allison Krauss.

Comment

I haven't bought a record for a long time, I guess I'm due. Problem is I don't know what to get. Maybe I need to take some money to the muzak store and force myself to spend it.
                    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I'm waiting for the new Motley Crue album, Saints of Los Angeles. Also the new Impellitteri with Rob Rock.

Comment

Just seen a clip of a song by Rodney Carrington.
                        I don't think I would actually buy the song but I sure would like to attend one of his concerts when he sings it... 8)

Stay up-to-date with the latest insights, news, and discussions on entertainment, culture, and technology. Explore TagTele to learn more.

;D ;D
                        www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockMopar
                          Just seen a clip of a song by Rodney Carrington.
                          I don't think I would actually buy the song but I sure would like to attend one of his concerts when he sings it... 8)
                          "And if you love your country..." ;D And a early happy 4th of July!
                          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

I downloaded Motley Crue 'Saints of Los Angeles' and love it

Comment

Just the single, right? There's a new entire album coming.

Comment

Working...
                              X