Hands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hands

There was a lady at work a few years ago, she was pretty. Pretty well preserved. Nobody would have ever guessed how old she was before she retired. Unless you looked at her hands. She had old hands.

My dad, on his way out, held his hand up in the hospital bed and said, "Look at that hand. That's an awful hand isn't it?" Yes it was.

For all the facelifts and nips and tucks and things going on in the world, it's the hands. Nobody can fix a hand. It tells more than anything.

Mine:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hand.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	880649
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

A timex?!!!
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      A timex?!!!
      Yeah, sorry Rolex Lawyer. We little ones have to subsist on what we can get.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
        Yeah, sorry Rolex Lawyer. We little ones have to subsist on what we can get.

Comment

Damn... in my case, a watch is a step up! only wear a watch at work...wal-mart special...
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            Butcha know what SBG? Yours is one of the professions I'm just not qualified to do. Waxing philosophical (and waiting for Stude to tear my ass up for starting this thread at all)...

Policeman: I am so thankful we have police folks. They charge into a situation that's already out of hand and meet some of the worst folks around. All of the worst folks. I'm not big or strong enough or assertive enough to be a cop. I'm glad we've got them, glad some folks want to be.

Fireman: Same thing.

Lawyers: I've had to hire lawyers three times in my life. Two divorces and a lawsuit over property lines. In all cases, I was glad to pay them. But it was the itemized bill that I didn't like. Lawyers charge to "think" about a case. It's right there. In minutes. Dollars per minute. The lawyer is in the shower masturbating thinking about who he's gonna call when he gets to work, that's on the bill. In minutes. Times dollars.

Why does the bill have to be so itemized? I mean, really. Just tell me how much I owe, I'll pay it. I have no other choice anyhow. Who wants to stiff a lawyer for a bill? You know he'll get it the easy way or the hard way. After all, he's a lawyer.
            Last edited by pdub; September 14, 2013, 07:59 AM.

Comment

a bunch of us airmen went out on the town, we were all young.. the oldest was maybe 20. Just after basic training, just checked into the tech school. I think it was 1992. We encountered a strange dialect, as we thought it was an airman, thought nothing of it. He hung out with us. As it turned out it was some kid from Kuwait... here to be a pilot. The most scared individual I had ever met. Anyway, we got beers, hanging out.. this guy starts reading hands. We knew to say nothing. me at five foot 9, he thought I was bigger than the 6 foot 2 guy that was also with us. I never forgot what he went on about. We got to laughing about the melting pot called america (my past is sasquatch). Anyway, hands is a bit like eyes, to know who is big small, worked, sick, fast and slow. Do you now why a kid from Kuwait identified hands before face? I thought he may have been a little bit gay or something until the epiphany (I am certifiably homophobic). he was very much man stepping up to defend his country.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

There ya go Barry.

Hands.

I knew this thread had a topic. Good job of it!

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                  Butcha know what SBG? Yours is one of the professions I'm just not qualified to do. Waxing philosophical (and waiting for Stude to tear my ass up for starting this thread at all)...

Policeman: I am so thankful we have police folks. They charge into a situation that's already out of hand and meet some of the worst folks around. All of the worst folks. I'm not big or strong enough or assertive enough to be a cop. I'm glad we've got them, glad some folks want to be.

Fireman: Same thing.

Lawyers: I've had to hire lawyers three times in my life. Two divorces and a lawsuit over property lines. In all cases, I was glad to pay them. But it was the itemized bill that I didn't like. Lawyers charge to "think" about a case. It's right there. In minutes. Dollars per minute. The lawyer is in the shower masturbating thinking about who he's gonna call when he gets to work, that's on the bill. In minutes. Times dollars.

Why does the bill have to be so itemized? I mean, really. Just tell me how much I owe, I'll pay it. I have no other choice anyhow. Who wants to stiff a lawyer for a bill? You know he'll get it the easy way or the hard way. After all, he's a lawyer.
                  because if they don't provide some justification, you can complain to the bar association for excessive fees. Since lawyers are really good at the parade-of-horribles, that (opinion here) is why they are, for the most part, so risk adverse - they know all the bad things that can happen so they try to avoid as much as they can (and then lose sleep worrying about what they don't see coming).

With that said, my bills are very general (no 6 minute increments) unless the client wants super detail e.g. masturbating while thinking about your case.... problem with that is you have to charge 6 minutes for a 1-2 minute effort...

and funny (to me), I found a more risk adverse group... Search and Rescue... not only do they worry about the Rescue, but then worry about not getting sued (which isn't terribly likely - kind of like suing a yellow lab; you can do it, but no one will take you seriously).
                  Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 14, 2013, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Ahhhite SBG, thanks for the splainin'. Send me the bill. That was at least 6 minutes!

Comment

I've had a few lawyers in my day. I really don't want an itemized bill, I just want out of a jam.

As for jewelry for the hand(s), my career choices didn't lend themselves to wearing jewelry at work so I didn't. Still don't have a wedding ring, she's had two.
                      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Hell! Suing the guys and gals that are rescuing your dumb ass has to be the lowest form of life there is!
                        I notice that alot of the Gorge rescues are because some dumbass got too close to the edge or went where they are not supposedta! Both are easily remedied.. But noooo tooo easy..

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                          Hell! Suing the guys and gals that are rescuing your dumb ass has to be the lowest form of life there is!
                          I notice that alot of the Gorge rescues are because some dumbass got too close to the edge or went where they are not supposedta! Both are easily remedied.. But noooo tooo easy..
                          Or the hot coffee in the lap routine.

The cliché goes that 95% of the lawyers give the other 5% a bad name.

I can't say that. I hired three of them over time because I had a need. They did what I needed and it cost a lot, and I knew that going in. It's a professional trade like all others.

Now - Hands. Hands.

Comment

You want hands? I got hands, for which without, I'd be silent..
                            My derby team from way back was and still is on most of the kid's cars. " SILENT RAGE"
                            Except for grunts and sounds like that, deaf "mad" arguments are silent, thus, silent rage..
                            Hands can fly large, and chopped to signify rage..

When one of mom's cousins passed away, his daughter taped a song. " my daddy's hands"
                            My hands are like my dad's. My kids said so as well, mom does not agree.. Matter of perception.. I got the sme curved pinkies he did..

Comment

I posted mine in my "Handburger" thread. They're my favorite part of my body (the rest ain't much). Every once in a while I'll look at them and marvel at what amazing things they can do. Some of it requires my brain to get involved but some things they seem to do on their own. Wish they could figure out the typing thing......

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X