Ramifications from the hacking ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramifications from the hacking ?

Now every time I get on Bangshift I get Activity Stream. This seems like something that might be helpful if you were a moderator but I just want to land on general forum without getting this first then having to go to general forum. Did I get a job and someone forget to tell me? Any way, I'm a computer idiot. Will someone tell me in 8th grade english how to fix this?
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

I get to general discussion when I get on..
    What I can't do is expand the reply screen..
    When I quote someone.. The whole screen is quote.. No room for my reply..

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
      I get to general discussion when I get on..
      What I can't do is expand the reply screen..
      When I quote someone.. The whole screen is quote.. No room for my reply..
      I don't have that happening, but I do get the same "Activity Stream" that Dan id getting.
      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
        Now every time I get on Bangshift I get Activity Stream. This seems like something that might be helpful if you were a moderator but I just want to land on general forum without getting this first then having to go to general forum. Did I get a job and someone forget to tell me? Any way, I'm a computer idiot. Will someone tell me in 8th grade english how to fix this?
        Dan, I'll give it a try. The old bookmark looked like this http://bangshift.com/forum/activity.php The new one that I entered look's like this http://bangshift.com/forum/forum.php . Enter it into whatever you're using and it should take you to the forum homepage.

Matt

Comment

Mine is just as before ..
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
            I don't have that happening, but I do get the same "Activity Stream" that Dan id getting.
            I was getting all of that this morning, all seems well right now.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Mine defaults to the 'activity stream' when I click 'forum' on the home page too.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                Mine defaults to the 'activity stream' when I click 'forum' on the home page too.
                Mine does the same thing Ed, click on the "Forum" button next to the "What's New" button. Works on my end.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by BigDad View Post
                  Mine is just as before ..
                  You're "special" as a mod you probably aren't seeing these issues. Log on outside of mod status and you'll see.

Matt

Comment

You're "special" as a mod you probably aren't seeing these issues. Log on outside of mod status and you'll see.
                    Maybe I'm just lucky. The stuff over here is like it's always been (right this minute).

Maybe I messed up everything this morning, I tried 4 or 5 times to create a new account (an alias) and come on and mess with folks until everybody knew who I really (was). Just something fun to do. Didn't work. Every time I tried it told me I suck. Finally I agreed that I suck and quit trying.
                    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                      Maybe I'm just lucky. The stuff over here is like it's always been (right this minute).

Maybe I messed up everything this morning, I tried 4 or 5 times to create a new account (an alias) and come on and mess with folks until everybody knew who I really (was). Just something fun to do. Didn't work. Every time I tried it told me I suck. Finally I agreed that I suck and quit trying.
                      PM Gary, or nigtshitter, or gary sr or... for hints.

Matt

Comment

Nope, it works fine

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board--as long as it's not politics or religion.
                        sigpic

Comment

he's just putting on airs, we tolerate it because of his pictures

There's a new link to the forum; my link did the same thing - simply copy the forum.php link, then paste it an the edited quick link.
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by BigDad View Post
                            Cool, glad it works for you, but others are having issues the same as I did. So as a mod help them out.

Matt

Comment

your link looks like this

it will go to the right place if it looks like this
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                              X