Ramifications from the hacking ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
    Cool, glad it works for you, but others are having issues the same as I did. So as a mod help them out.

I don't have admin powers ..and, it works fine for me
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      your link looks like this

it will go to the right place if it looks like this
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum.php

exactly, what I already told them ..
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        your link looks like this

it will go to the right place if it looks like this
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum.php
        Already figured that out earlier, but thanks.
        Dan, I'll give it a try. The old bookmark looked like this http://bangshift.com/forum/activity.php The new one that I entered look's like this http://bangshift.com/forum/forum.php . Enter it into whatever you're using and it should take you to the forum homepage.
        "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Mine does the same thing Ed, click on the "Forum" button next to the "What's New" button. Works on my end.
          Yeah, that's what I'm doing, it just added one click to my access and I can live with that.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by BigDad View Post
            exactly, what I already told them ..

I'm just better at tell him this
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

The link that I bookmarked to my project thread works just fine.
              The Green Machine.
              http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

Yes basically I'm having to do this extra step that Ed is talking about in post #20. It's not the end of the world, I just don't like change. I want it as before so did I miss the fix. When I said 8th grade english I meant in the 70's.
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
                  Yes basically I'm having to do this extra step that Ed is talking about in post #20. It's not the end of the world, I just don't like change. I want it as before so did I miss the fix. When I said 8th grade english I meant in the 70's.
                  Yeah, and I bet they taught you in english class that honest means telling the truth... boy have we fixed that silly concept.
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I get that same activity stream deal. The forum link on the blog dumps into activity stream, but the for link (the one beside "what's new") works properly, while the forum link between "home" and "Gallery" goes to the activity stream. It looks like they're coded slightly differently.

Comment

Garry, pick a screen name by the end of the evening and ditch the other 3 or 4

Everyone else. We're really sorry for all the hassle. I am working with the hosting company and our duded Scott and Michael on this. These morons don't realize that they are fighting people too stupid to quit. The host guys think they found something that they are working on and we're looking at stuff on our side as well. Learning more about this stuff than I ever wanted to.

Sorry again!

Brian
                      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Brian, I appreciate your efforts. I don't know how you can know all about cars (well, modified cop cars, anyway), fatherhood (hey, the boys are coming out OK), husbandry (er - is that right?) AND taking care of the website stuff, or at least knowing who to prod.

I'm having the issues as described above but I know you guys will fix it and plug the dam as well. Maybe duct tape?

Dan

Comment

I'm not complaining, but I think we lost some posts today too........whooooeeeee, the gremlins are loose, for sure!
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Seriously man, just dial it back to one account please. Not an unreasonable request.

Comment

Ed, what they have to do in a situation like this is to basically reset the deal to a time previous to when the junk hit the fan. That time was last night, so yeah. Some stuff crappily evaporated.

Comment

I just can't understand what they think they are gaining from hacking this site?? Don't they have anything better to do? My hats off to you all working your butts off getting it back going every time in such a little time frame.
                                Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X