Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MAN...Its officially, and finally over........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAN...Its officially, and finally over........

After going to college since 1999, I just officially typed my last words as a college student. Its interesting the responses you get from people, their level of excitment for your achievement is so great. After all I've had to deal with as far as school politics, and transfer credits, and this year we're accepting this course for credit, this year we're not. I'm just really glad its over with. Finally, over with. The only class I think I'll actually take after graduation is Welding at the local CC, just for the enjoyment of learning something new, not for a GPA, not for some great acheivement, just because I want to. Anyone else had similar experiences with dealing with colleges?? i forgot to mention that in 7.5 years, tuition has doubled, literally. Incomes have barely increased 15%...

Now its time to get serious, not with a blah blah carrier...
    With building race cars, my race cars, some will be fast, some will be fun. But all of them will be successful, if college taught me one thing, its how to be successful, and never give up. I think that has kind of already showed its face in recent top speed events....

Re: MAN...Its officially, and finally over........

Congratulations!!!! I know it was hard work, and you are right it will teach you to how to hang in there.

My son graduated in 2005 and boy was I glad when that was over, the costs skyrocketed every year, and the same for my daughter before that. I know where you are coming from when you speak of costs. And then there's books......

Comment

Congratulations!! What do you wanna be now that your grown up?? ;D

Comment

Congradulations! I'm fairly fresh out of college (two years out of classes, one year since the paperwork cleared up enough for a diploma to show up to my house) and know what you mean about all the BS and hoops they have these days. I started in '99 as well and after the third year tution went up 50% and by my last year(2006) each quarter was costing about what a whole year was costing my first year! I'm with you, time to take some welding classes at the local CC ;D
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Congrats dude.... im starting next fall.

Comment

Dave I just love " How " you did it.... no one else's dime... your own gig ... JUST for you... How long it took isn't important... its the fact that you wanted to finish it and you did... Freaking PERFECT...

I really am proud of you... Wish I could be there partying later in the month... but I have a feeling I'm going to be buying a round... there or not...

K

Comment

I really appreciate it, its actually next weekend and we would love to have you, but understand that some things are just more important. I'm just so relieved its done, and i just bought myself 2-LIT's and a ribeye, and i f-ing deserve it...lol

To answer the other question, I'm going to do something when I grow up, but right now I'm sticking with wrenching, and now that i have more free time, wrenching will include my own vehicles, look for project cars to be popping up i the section here in the next month...

Comment

Great accomplishment! I also took some welding classes at the local CC, but I waited about 10 years after I graduated college.

Tuition is a nightmare nowadays, it's 10 times what it was when I was in school (we have one in college and two more due in about 1.5 years). I was able to mostly work my way through working part time, no loans or grants or anything. Not so easy today, minimum wage only doubled as tuition went up by a factor of 10 since then.
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Way to go, Dave! I opted for ignorance, partly because I have a very low BS tolerance, and partly because I had no funds. But life is easier with that damn piece of paper - ask me how I know.

I'll give you a big ol' hug at the track next April! BTW - want to rebuild a Holley 600 for my Camaro? I mean after Keith sends it (hint hint).

Dan

Comment

I'm going through that hell right now and understand, It is a greater feat then most would think it is and I congratulate you for it. What is your major by the way?
                    HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

Business Admin, and thanks, in reality its really more of a hassle than anything. Dealing with the beurocratic BS was harder that the actual classes....

Dan, just have Turk send me the carb, and I'll give it a once over, I'm running low on gaskets so i'll have to pick up some...
                      Got that turk?

Comment

I finished my senior project yesterday. 38 pages of hell. 2 take home finals are done. 1 final exempt for having an A in the class, 3 to go next week. Walk on the 22nd. It's a great feeling after 5 years.

Comment

Be that feels like a big weight lifted. Congrats on sticking with it. I didn't. Went at night for three years and finished all the classes in my major (Automotive Production Technology) but NONE in general ed. I got so fed up with the paperwork, the parking, and the instructors who didn't speak enough English for me to understand them that I just put my books down one day, walked out of a class, and never went back.

Having no degree burned me on salary twice when working at the pub company. It was more of an excuse for them than anything real.

Comment

Congrats Dave!! that's awesome. And it's a degree that you might actually use in your future!!

Similar to David, I just got fed up one day feeling like I wasn't learning anything, and wasting my parents' money, so I walked and started a minimum wage job at a Theme Park. Worked my way up from there!!

Someday I might go back, and if I do it'll be for a Business or Finance degree.

-scott
                            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I can't tell you how many time I've almost walked out and never came back, I have blown of a couple semesters, which I was registered for, and that has put the hurt on my GPA, as with everything else though, once I start something, I finish it, at all costs. It my stuborn pain in the ass side. Up next will be career of some sort, and then the big M.

Comment

Working...
                              X