Almost Ready to Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost Ready to Go

You guys see and do this sort of thing every day. I don't. Not in our driveway anyhow.

Superman borrowed a deluxe trailer for his Vette and his driveway is not long enough to handle it. In the first pic that's Superman (Chuck) and Coby.

We leaving town after work tomorrow to go to the track. I won't cause any more trouble here on BS until maybe Friday night. Fun, fun, fun. Did I say fun?

Dadgum this is gonna be fun. I'm sorry if I forgot to say "fun."

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2818.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	880671

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2819.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	880672
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Just don't get too busy and forget to have "fun".

Comment

Originally posted by Casper
      The trailer's going to throw rocks all over that pretty little Vette, But by all means, Have fun...
      The fender's off of it, one of those removable deals where you can park the car on the trailer and be able to open the door on the car. We got tired of messing with it in the dark. And SM got Coby to throw it in his garage. Tomorrow stuff for him to do.

EDIT: FUN. Did I say fun? I'm sorry if I forgot to say fun.

EDIT-EDIT - Can anybody tell that I'm liking this track event coming up? Just wondering.
      Last edited by pdub; September 18, 2013, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Casper
        You need a Cobra PW, something with IRS to hang with that Vette, but hey, have fun anyway...
        Thanks Casper, sure will.

Chuck's Vette has it all, HP and nearly racing tires...and he has track experience from racing motorcycles till he got beat to death (hip replacement in old age because of it).

But Red's got BRAKES. And it's not a race, it's a try-to-drive-as-fast-as-you-can-deal. Not a race.

I've got go to bed. Fun report either Friday night or Saturday day.

Probably the most fun day as I could ever have, all things included in life, if it goes like the last one of those I went to.

Comment

Good luck PW. umm have fun!
          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
            Good luck PW. umm have fun!
            Sure as heck did. Gyah-lee that probably shouldn't even be legal, that is way TOO much fun!

Red's new brakes worked GREAT, and I only ran off the track TWICE in a single session! HAhahAHAHH!!!!

And Superman soloed on his last run of the day. He already had track skills from the road racing on motorcycles, only difference is now he's in a car. He was bugging the instructor in the middle of the day to sign him up to the next level (driving alone, no instructor in the car - Solo).

The instructor said he couldn't do it yet and SM asked why not, after all he'd already passed every car in the rookie group twice. Instructor said because we don't know if you know how to move over and point somebody by who is passing YOU! Next run, go slow and let 8 cars pass you. HAhahaHaHAAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the last run of the day I was getting faster (again) and passed three other Mustangs in a row - what a blast!

Oh, and I got to see one of those turbo Suburu's Barry mentioned in another thread. Yeah, when he blew my doors off on the front straight I had to ask the instructor what kind of car that was. I already knew - Wicked Fast.

Maybe I'll put up a vid tomorrow. My camera either got tired or screwed up toward the end of the day. I think I have the run where I got off the track twice, not sure.

Comment

Going out again tomorry?

Comment

glad you had fun.

Those smaller turbo subes are at home with the short blippy turns and stuffing throttle.

Your landspeed quest was more fun for me.

Having had IRS for 17 years, and live axle.. I can't really say why one would be spectacular...irs in local agonizing terrain I guess. By the time the irs is stiff enough to stop playing games, a cambered live axle is hanging right in there. I have my own at 2 inches down and 5 up...suspension travel.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
                  glad you had fun.

Your landspeed quest was more fun for me.
                  It's different drugs for sure. But it's all fun as hell. I just happen to love the curves drug better than the straight line drug when it comes down to it.

I'm trying to upload the video of me running off the course twice, uploading videos always gives me trouble. I won't get that done tonight. Just plain whooped from too much fun all day.

The instructor kept saying, "Get up on him. If you don't he'll never give you a pass. Get up on him." He said it 70 times during the day.

My street driving instincts said that's following too close. So the first time I ran off the track, I got up on him in Turn 6. I was fixated on the ass end of that car as to not hit it, inches away, and the other car abruptly turned right to make that hairpin turn and I went straight. Straight off of the track. HAhahHAHAH!!!

SO much to learn, too much. I'll never be much good at it, but ... did I say fun? Dadgum that's fun.

Okay I'll shut up.

Comment

I'll bump my own thread, last time, I promise. Because I can't sleep after all of the track time today. Still pumping adrenalin. Like playing out in a band. Same thing.

That instructor, at the end of the day, said in so many words I'm SO far from soloing (and that's not my goal to start with, don't want to afford it)......he said that I need more courage.

And I knew what he meant. But, in the A class (rookies) you've got folks who are out there from all sorts of places. Guys who got a ticket to this event as a Father's Day present or something. It's track day. Fun. There was a Cadillac out there today that gave everybody fits, trying to pass.

So when I finally do see 100 mph down the front straight (and I did once) and I'm facing a wad of lined up cars in Turn 1....you're dadgum right I'm going to slow down. Even if the instructor is yelling, "Get Up On HIM!"

No, I have to drive this car back home.

Comment

Time for a dedicated race car to haul with Bubba

or at least a trailer to haul Red
                      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 20, 2013, 09:40 PM.
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                        Time for a dedicated race car to haul with Bubba

or at least a trailer to haul Red
                        No, I'm not good enough to justify a car on a trailer, whichever car.

I'm grinning ear to ear, gosh what a fun day. I'm good enough to enjoy an open Track Day. No aspirations whatsoever. And that was expensive enough. Like a visit to a very exclusive theme park. That's exactly what that is. peewee's Day Out.

Comment

Glad you had fun PW, keeping it simple is probably the best way to keep it fun...
                          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                            No, I'm not good enough to justify a car on a trailer, whichever car.

I'm grinning ear to ear, gosh what a fun day. I'm good enough to enjoy an open Track Day. No aspirations whatsoever. And that was expensive enough. Like a visit to a very exclusive theme park. That's exactly what that is. peewee's Day Out.
                            sounds like justification to me

*sniff* our Pdub is growing so quickly - next he'll have a race suit with his name embroidered on the lapel.
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                              sounds like justification to me

*sniff* our Pdub is growing so quickly - next he'll have a race suit with his name embroidered on the lapel.
                              I don't think so!

On a dissimilar note, I was dragging through the local SCCA Autocross website one day. Autocross. That's fun in a fishbowl, and I've proven that I'm not any good at that either.

On their web forum, one of my favorite threads was them carrying on about a guy who showed up with a Ferrari on a trailer. He had Gucci gear and leather driving gloves and a couple of "attendants" with him who basically made sure his hair looked good.

After of the first run of the day, the Ferrari guy had already been smoked by a woman in a Miata who beat his time by 9 seconds. On a 50-second course.

The Ferrari team was so pissed off they loaded up and left right then.

That's called taking it too seriously, in my book. If it ain't fun don't do it. And realize it doesn't matter. At all.

Comment

Working...
                              X