Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to store my car in public storage: hints?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need to store my car in public storage: hints?

If you're REALLY nervous about someone getting in there, before you pull the wheels, use the floor jack to cock the car sideways in the unit. Make it so they can't pull it out without straightening the car back out.

-Brad

Comment

Rather than removing the coil wire (which is fairly obvious when someone pops the hood) pop the distributor cap off and swipe the rotor. Put the cap back on and those idiots would be forever trying to diagnose the problem. If you have some old nasty tires & wheels, put them on the car and let the air out of the tires, thus denying any potential thieves access under the car with a floor jack. Just remember to bring a BIG air tank when you pick up the car. ;D

Ron
      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

takein the wheels off not a bad idea i would lock the hood closed and lock the doors my buddy stored his when he left for basic and when he got home the top end of his 396 small block was gone and the short block was not far behind from what it seemed and the wheels were unbolted good side the engine was ok and we put beter heads and the likes on but people are dicks no respect for others things
        good luck

Comment

Thanks for all the good ideas. I like the rotor idea and getting the car cockeyed in the unit. Just have to remember where the rotor is when I come back!
          1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Another thing, Pete. When I stored the 'Stang after moving here, it got all moldy inside. I would put out boxes of desiccant inside, and plenty of it. When you come back, it may be actually wet under the desiccant, so put 'em in an aluminum cake pan or some such.

And come on down some weekend - you'll just be a day away and Wilmington is BEAUTIFUL (ask NARider)!

Dan

Comment

Working...
            X