Dang... C12 Fuel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dang... C12 Fuel...

Just bought some today... $17.20/gal. Ouch! Yet, the knarly 13:1 CR is worth it... at least that's what I tell my bride!
    Nitrous, baby!!...

That does seem way more than I use to pay! I Use to buy lots of VP, never payed to much attention to the cost, ignorance is bliss .
    Lots of C12 and U4 has been run through my motorcycles over the years. I miss the smell.

Comment

in my day it was 4.95 ...20 years ago -C16 yet

Comment

Originally posted by jcharliem View Post
        Just bought some today... $17.20/gal. Ouch! Yet, the knarly 13:1 CR is worth it... at least that's what I tell my bride!
        That's why I'm buying that new FAST EZ-EFI 2.0 for my '71 Camaro, it will support up to 800hp on E85. Might be something to look into since 10 tank fulls of C12 is going to cost you more than the EFI system.
        The Green Machine.
        http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

If he can get the E85 in his part of SoCal that would work. 13:1 is easy on E85, and it makes a bit more power. $3. something is way cheaper than $17.20.

Comment

#120 jets

Comment

Originally posted by BigAL View Post
              That's why I'm buying that new FAST EZ-EFI 2.0 for my '71 Camaro, it will support up to 800hp on E85. Might be something to look into since 10 tank fulls of C12 is going to cost you more than the EFI system.
              No EFI for this guy. I like that big 'ol Holley perched on the Vic Jr.
              Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

how many miles do you put on the car every year? my guess is you spend a lot less on the good stuff, than I spend on 87 for mine
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by jcharliem View Post
                  No EFI for this guy. I like that big 'ol Holley perched on the Vic Jr.
                  Then switch the carb to a E85 carb, just saying it'd be cheaper, and maybe you'd drive the car more.
                  The Green Machine.
                  http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                    how many miles do you put on the car every year? my guess is you spend a lot less on the good stuff, than I spend on 87 for mine
                    I bet you're right!

How many miles a year? Pffttt...maybe 600-700. Drive it every other weekend in a good month - and flog the snot out of it. Can't go far with a 12 gal fuel cell, 4.56 gear, double pumper, 13:1 CR, rpms well above 5,000 - no stopping at the corner station to top off.

And please don't give me reco's on how I could do "this or that." Please. The ride is the way I want it. Old school...freakin loud...solid tappet...nitrous...and screams. Blah, blah, blah...

: )
                    Last edited by jcharliem; September 20, 2013, 08:23 PM.
                    Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

Sounds like fun!
                      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I love a nicely set up basic high-compression NA 4-stoke, simple and effective. Only downside is the fuel cost is a pain in the wallet.
                        Last edited by mike343sharpstick; September 21, 2013, 01:47 PM.

Comment

^^^^ Agree. I built the motor with three objectives... old school, high rpm's and the clatter of a solid cam. I knew going in that I'd be using high octane fuel. : )
                          Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

Its not a daily driver so for fun...... I say well worth it to run the mill you have on the street. I used to drive my old car on alky on the street, priceless when you get pulled over and the cops eyes are watering lol
                            Chris

Comment

Working...
                            X