Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadkill, Hot Rod Camaro at Bonneville

Hot Rod Camaro at Bonneville

Edit, you can't edit the header once you have posted a thread, Doh!

Update: yes you can, click Go Advanced and then change the Title to what you want.
    Last edited by Monster; September 21, 2013, 12:40 PM. Reason: It's Camaro not Comaro and Bonneville!!
    Tim
    Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

spellcheck doesn't work on headers?

Neat episode, I was there for part of it....when the kid in the credits showed up we were all cracking up
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

The kid is the best bit, I can see a small Chad in him!

My unanswered question from it, did the Trans am get the record?
      Last edited by 65RHDEER; September 20, 2013, 05:34 PM. Reason: question
      Tim
      Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

great show.. get a damn afr gauge. I am a big fan of the landpseed, all sizes. I live for that moment when normal rpms and speed casually kerplunk another gear climbing into the realms of unknown. I see that 300 pounds made it sway.. is the air dam worth it?
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

he has an afr gage, it was really lean at low rpm under boost....
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

That kid was funny. Good episode.
            Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
            1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
            1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
            1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
            1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
            1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Loving the ramp truck. Hilarious seeing the guys freezing with working A/C.

Comment

Clearly remember the announcer saying " David Freeburger"? To bad about the Roadkill Camaro blowing up. Our car windowed the block on second pass.

Comment

great one liners

however, I'm getting a bit tired of the "buy some POS, don't work on it, blow it up" repetition. The be-all, end-all of my life is not to be stranded beside the road and live the stress of maybe not getting to participate in whatever I'm going out to do.... I get breaking down, but honestly, I'm getting tired of it - seriously, is "success" blowing up a cubic dollar motor in some remote portion of the world?
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

B'ville is pretty indiscriminate about blowing up.

I do agree that the lack of preparation on many of the vehicles is a plot device that has become trite. Frankly, I think the Camaro was probably well prepared, they wouldn't have passed tech.
                    I'm still learning

Comment

Play acting the buffoons?
                      While actually are cunning as foxes?

I'm with Aaron... Getting broke down is not one of my goals in life!
                      Last edited by Deaf Bob; September 21, 2013, 09:36 AM.

Comment

I have a great deal of respect for both those guys.

I think that those folks that script these episodes like to be able to introduce tension. Its no different than the "have to get the car to auction in X days." Or the bullshit tension that many car shows use...unnecessary personal drama between cast members.

In the end, I'm generally entertained by the episodes, which is the purpose. Even if I am left wondering why simple maintenance and troubleshooting didn't occur prior to the start of the adventure. However, would I participate under those parameters...you bet your ass.
                        Last edited by Bob Holmes; September 21, 2013, 09:41 AM.
                        I'm still learning

Comment

At least you didn't spell it 'Camero' like every bonehead on Craigslist...
                          Busted down to regular Bangshifter

Comment

I like Dave - a lot. But I wish they'd come to Speed Week properly prepared. I KNOW they have what it takes to kick butt and take names but maybe that's not what the producers think the public wants to see. I'm NOT into drama, induced or otherwise.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                              I like Dave - a lot. But I wish they'd come to Speed Week properly prepared. I KNOW they have what it takes to kick butt and take names but maybe that's not what the producers think the public wants to see. I'm NOT into drama, induced or otherwise.

Dan
                              might be why D/F at the End blamed "roadkill" for no record..
                              They might want to wire in a shift light/warning light and set it to go off it the A/R gets to lean..
                              and might be time for a taller almost straight up rear spoiler and depending on the rules, sides like the '86 up t/a,gta rear spoiler that trap the air from rolling off the sides and force it over the spoiler, Kinda shocked the stocker hasn't been ripped off the car at 200+ not much holding the metal studs to the fiberglass/plastic spoiler.. and that might be "telling" on how much it's helping rear downforce..
                              Last edited by NewEnglandRaceFan; September 21, 2013, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X