Bad TPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad TPS?

The 01 Escape my brother gave to my daughter won't keep running when first started and very humid or raining. It'll start and run with your foot holding the RPM up until it warms up a bit. If you don't hold your foot on the gas, it stalls right out. I just freshened the motor up with new plugs and a coil pack since it was due for plugs and I had a misfire at times. It runs a whole lot better. The check engine light isn't on now, was before the plugs and coil pack. The codes were cleared. Not seeing a code now. Other then that it runs real well, 3.0 V6 and 133,000 miles.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Sounds like bad Idle Air Bypass valve, not opening enough to keep it running.

Comment

IAC...sound like to me anyway...wont toss a code...will just not hold idle if its sticking....and wont idle at all if it fails.
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

IAC faulty or a lot of carbon build up ... easy enough to pull and clean.
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
          IAC faulty or a lot of carbon build up ... easy enough to pull and clean.
          exactly, and if it is stuck all the way out it is bad...the run about 27 bucks at autozone (for my Ram anyway)
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
          X