Fun, more than I thought.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun, more than I thought.

Its been one of those years, fraught with stress and loss, but despite it all I have had a surprising amount of fun. Cars are coming along, and working on them is fun to me. I really enjoy taking a rusty heap and making it drivable and look nicer.

I have spent more time with friends this year than I have in the last ten combined. Not being chained down to someone allows you to do whatever you want, when you want to do it. I spent my time with people I enjoy being around, other than just her.

I seem to thrive on planning, and there are big plans for next year. I want to do HRPT or HRDW with one of my cars, but I also need to build a shop to work in. However, if the land deal falls through then its just a matter of moving stuff back to Nebraska and setting up shop there. Whatever happens, I have a solution for the problems and plans for what goes right.

The big thing though, is there are two 65s and a 70 Pontiac that are going to see some miles as soon as the snow is gone. I dont have to work, so I can enjoy my time and do the things I want to do.

I dreaded this happening, but I should have remembered how much more freedom and opportunity I had after my first go with a wife. What this tells me is that I do not need a wife, nor do I want one. Not out of bitterness, but because they just seem to sap the fun out of everything. A female friend who is into cars and wants to go have a blast in them, ok sure.

Life is too short, and has been too messed up for me to date, for me not to go out and enjoy what I have left of it.

All I see ahead of me is opportunity, possibility, and more fun than humans should be allowed to have.

I think these two cars need to come out of hibernation. 71 Ventura and a 79 10th Anniversary Trans Am. I had more fun in that TA than any car I have ever owned, and it was 14 seconds of slow...

I've never seen anybody create their own barn find before ...

Comment

Have fun and its great your seeing all the positives instead of only focusing on only the negatives. Many wouldn't take this chance to live and make the most of it. Your plan sounds awesome, enjoy it!
      Chris

Comment

I see you have antique milk crates too!
        There is hope for you!
        Glad to see you are positive and moving on!

A buddy rented a big red barn and moved a travel trailer in it and lived for a few years in that.. He built a full bathroom with heat in one corner.. Just fod for thought...

Comment

Working...
        X