No announcement yet.

66 Nova, Mustang II clip and inline 6.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 66 Nova, Mustang II clip and inline 6.

This is a friend's car, the small block cracked, and he had the original inline 6. I've had the car in my shop for close to 3 years. He is either waiting for parts, or some other excuse. I've finally had enough, went ahead and built the frame side engine mounts.

Two questions. How's it look? I know the mounts are strong, but do the mounts look "right"?

Second how should I go about getting the car back to the guy. I've called, left emails, and text messages. The dude only returned one call. He back pedaled about coming to get it. I want it gone. I think I'm just going to pay for a tow and have it delivered to his house.
    Attached Files
    Lon. HazelGreen Ala.

looks kind of strange, but it should work fine. Lots of guys use those old Competition Engineering type mounts in street rods.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Yeah those mounts are strange.

Honestly I took the easy way out. I just did not want to waste time fabbing both sides of the mount. This was quick and easy.
      Lon. HazelGreen Ala.

Comment

Put an abandonded lein on it, DMV in OR sends a letter to the owner stating the title is going to be transfered if no response..
        Your state may differ

Mounts look functional..
        If u keep it.. Maybe keep it a 6 for mileage

Comment

steering is under the mount.. and the old heavy box used to counter act the sideways teeter of the six.. might notice it first runs. Let the unthinking procrastinator have it back.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I would get the thing running and tell him to come and get it. If he won't come get it then I would take the legal arrangements to keep it. That should get him over. If not then he no longer has any intrest in it and just gave you the car.
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

they look good to me - if it runs you don't have to push it. I like the tow truck plan, or rent a u-haul trailer. I'm guessing friend's wife doesn't want to look at it either. I don't know what to tell you on the lack of response. I can store it for you if you want but I *GUARANTEE* I will put a storage lein on it, and at 100.00 a month (cheap down here) for storage, it won't take long to exceed the value of the car.

I have a tow truck 350 that needs a home.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I do see a problem with getting it running. You made changes to it without his consent, and he will say he is not paying for the changes. If you want it gone, I would go with the tow truck option.
                Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Lon_H View Post
                  This is a friend's car I've had the car in my shop for close to 3 years.
                  How should I go about getting the car back to the guy.
                  Hey Lon, how's things other than this PITA ?
                  Anyhow, you've done more than your share, but paying to tow it to your friends house is what a friend would do.
                  Contacting DMV about an abandoned lien is what an ex-friend would do.

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster View Post
                    Hey Lon, how's things other than this PITA ?
                    Anyhow, you've done more than your share, but paying to tow it to your friends house is what a friend would do.
                    Contacting DMV about an abandoned lien is what an ex-friend would do.
                    well said!
                    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

If you get the car, I have a lots of 250 go-faster parts. We can work something out.

Dan
                      Last edited by DanStokes; September 23, 2013, 06:35 AM.

Comment

What's 3 years of storage worth? How much time (and what is that time worth) have you put into the car?

Sounds like he's quickly running over the line into x-friend or never really was a friend in the first place category.

At this point - given the value of the car, I'd be real real tempted to go with the mechanics lien option - and get yourself a title for this car in your name, then have your way with it.
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I agree that you don't want to lose a friend over this but really, if he isn't hurting financially , there is no way I'd pay for a tow. It would be mine.
                          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

It started out when he got a divorce and moved in with his mom, who lives a neighborhood with HOA rules. Supposedly they complained to his mom. I'm giving him a week. After that I'm either towing it, or renting a dolly and towing it. I do not want the car, there is a lot of shoddy body work and questionable floor pan repairs.
                            Lon. HazelGreen Ala.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                              What's 3 years of storage worth? How much time (and what is that time worth) have you put into the car?

Sounds like he's quickly running over the line into x-friend or never really was a friend in the first place category.

At this point - given the value of the car, I'd be real real tempted to go with the mechanics lien option - and get yourself a title for this car in your name, then have your way with it.
                              I was thinking it...he said it...3 years is was to damn long...time to take care of yourself and recoup time, energy and peace of mind.
                              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                              X