Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I broke down and bought an import............not!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I broke down and bought an import............not!!!!!!

A couple weeks ago I came home and told the wife I bought a new shelby today. She didnt respond so I checked my watch and it was 25 hours before she asked me if I really bought a car. I told her no but I was looking for one. The next week I bought a shelby gt-500 (but did not bring it home yet). When I walked in the door after coming home from work, the wife asked me if I had anything to "tell" her. I hate those kind of questions cause you dont want to confess an anything, know what I mean. She said Chase Credit Corp called as did a Ford dealer. So I had to fess up. She got all mad for some reason. I said you werent mad last week when I told you I bought a shelby. She said thats right but now she changed her mind!!!!!!

So, I got the silent treatment for 4 or 5 days. So, today I bring the new shelby home. She does not say its nice or even acknowledge its presense. GUYS, how much trouble am I in!!! Help, I hate it when they dont say anything.
    Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Re: I broke down and bought an import............not!!!!!!

She can say what she wants, you can sleep on the couch but you still got a shelby you did the right thing

Comment

can I borrow 5 dollars ?

Comment

She will get over it........BUT......She will never let you forget it.....EVER.

Seth
        200 mph or bust.......

Comment

She will NEVER forget it. :P

However, when she drives it for the first time and "accidently" taps a curb she will forgive you just as you will forgive her for her "accident" ;D

Comment

You left her out of a major decisions on a major purchase. Which my friend is a major no no.

And at that is her name on the title?? Probably not, right.

But don't worry she'll probably forgive you, if she really loves you. But do realize that in her mind she can now go on a $40,000 shopping spree, or whatever that over priced hay wagon cost you. ;)

Comment

after 14 years of doing stupid $h!t such as that...... I know.... without question...... you are so totaly screwed.....I pray for your soul.....

Comment

What TC Said.... X2

Exactly...

Keith

Comment

It's not a red Shelby, is it? She may have less mad about you buying a car without if it was red.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

If you have a joint checking account, see if you can find a small TV for the doghouse.

If you have separate accounts, you're still in trouble, but maybe not quite as much. I suspect whoever said "It's easier to get forgiveness than permission" never bought a car without telling his wife.

Comment

How many years have you and the "better half" been married, Bear?

I hate to dogpile on ya, but you knew full and well when you were posting this that you were screwed 3 ways from Sunday.

All we're doing is confirming it, from the safety of the doghouse(we really need to get refridgeration out here, sticking the beer in the water bowl is GROSS).....LOL

Comment

Bear, You gave her fair warning! The Shelby looks like it will be a nice fit with your cars listed on your profile! Go buy her something she wants - in the shelby!!!

Comment

Dude...

I would absolutely, positively, without a doubt, be shaking in my shoes right now. "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

Sucks to be you, man. I know, I know... you have a Shelby and I don't. If she gets pissed off enough, she will have a Shelby and you will be in the same boat as me.

Ron
                          It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Well, one would figure that once she drove it she would understand why I bought this car. But.......darn the bad luck she cant drive a stick shift! Yes its Torch red with the white stripes. lets see, how long have i been married? Somewheres around 29 years. This is actually my retirement present to me. I just havent retired yet!
                            Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

Originally posted by bearphoto
                              Well, one would figure that once she drove it she would understand why I bought this car. But.......darn the bad luck she cant drive a stick shift! Yes its Torch red with the white stripes. lets see, how long have i been married? Somewheres around 29 years. This is actually my retirement present to me. I just havent retired yet!
                              Offer to teach her.

Comment

Working...
                              X