• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lambo Splits In Half

Story line......

http://video.stltoday.com/Lamborghin...rash--25194632

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

I think those cars are designed to do that in a side impact crash. Several Ferrari's met their end that way on the PCH in Malibu.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I hope the turning driver had good insurance. I say had because it looks to me like they cut off the on-coming vehicle and if their insurance has to pay for a new Lamborghini, they won't have insurance for much longer.
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

looks like the Lambo was moving at a pretty good pace for a residential street...
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
          looks like the Lambo was moving at a pretty good pace for a residential street...
          It probably was as they might have a bit of a superiority complex, but what about the car that hit it? Did they not see a car coming at them in the opposing lane?
          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
            It probably was as they might have a bit of a superiority complex, but what about the car that hit it? Did they not see a car coming at them in the opposing lane?
            Must didn't. The silliest, slowest "wreck" I've ever seen happened right in front of me here in Cleveland after work one day. I was behind a carload of Mexicans (I mean car overloaded, maybe 9 in a sedan), and they were going 5 mph. They kept going 5 mph for two blocks until they finally turned left onto a side street.

85 year old grandma was coming the other way 10 mph (I'm not exaggerating), about 100 feet away. The Mexicans kept turning, grandma kept coming, and the Mexicans all but just barely didn't get out of Grandma's path. Grandma of course never hit the brakes. She peeled the back bumper off of the Mexican car and they all stopped right there in the middle of the intersection.

All the Mexicans piled out of the car, like layers of them, and grandma sat there stopped (finally) both hands on the wheel and staring straight ahead, paralyzed and perplexed about what had just happened.

The above video reminded me every bit of that, just enough contact to do anything, but add some speed and it's worse.
            Last edited by pdub; September 25, 2013, 04:55 PM.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
              I really didnt finish my thought...The guy that turned either didnt gauge the speed of the on coming car or he didnt look....I've done it a few times where it looked like I had time to go and suddenly that on coming car was moving way faster than I first though.
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
              X