Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GOOD NEWS!! After 35 years closed, Onondaga Dragway (MI) has re-opened!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOOD NEWS!! After 35 years closed, Onondaga Dragway (MI) has re-opened!

Troops:

After being closed for 35 years and "re-purposed", southern Michigan's Onondaga Dragway has re-opened as a 1/8th mile, full boat drag strip!

The track is located 3.5 miles West of US23, half way between Interstate 96 on the North and Interstate 94 on the South (between Lansing and Jackson).

These people deserve our thanks. Please go their FB page and say that; or Google "thenewonondagadragway" and see what happens.

This is the second track at which I announced, beginning in 1962.

Jon Lundberg
    Jon W. Lundberg, Sr., RETIRED

VERY COOL, Jon! We really missed it when it closed. It was close enough to Milford to go there on a Friday or Saturday night but far enough that we didn't see the same cars all the time like we did at Milan. Any strip that reopens is a WIN!

Did they have to repave? After 35 years of lying fallow I could see where the pavement might be a little - sad.

Dan

Comment

I have lived in this area my whole life, and have never been to this track. Hell, I never knew this track existed.
      If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Brighton, MI

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Lundberg View Post
        Troops:

After being closed for 35 years and "re-purposed", southern Michigan's Onondaga Dragway has re-opened as a 1/8th mile, full boat drag strip!

The track is located 3.5 miles West of US23, half way between Interstate 96 on the North and Interstate 94 on the South (between Lansing and Jackson).

These people deserve our thanks. Please go their FB page and say that; or Google "thenewonondagadragway" and see what happens.

This is the second track at which I announced, beginning in 1962.

Jon Lundberg
        little late in the season. but another track opening instead of being shut down is a plus anyway you look at it.

Comment

well not a fan of 1/8 mile racing but any track opening is a good thing
          Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
          Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

With the popularity of small tire racing classes, especially on the east coast the track should do well. Big turnouts for those races

Comment

I'm looking forward to taking the malibu there for a little fun.
              Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

Working...
              X