Moving is motivating.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving is motivating.

I am also finding lots of things I havent seen in years.

The Mustang has sat in bare metal since 2006. yesterday I cleared the crap off it and hit the flash rust with a DA. Today I shot some tractor enamel on it to cover it up so I can haul it even if it rains. I didnt bother with primer because its all coming off again anyway, and the enamel will stick good enough for a while.

Seeing it with paint on it is strangely satisfying and actually motivates me to do something with it. I am slapping the front suspension back under it so it will roll, and dropping my 4V Cleveland in it with an AOD behind it so I dont need to store the engine, I will probably use that one to power it anyway.... unless I find a 460 cheap and scrounge up the parts to stuff that in there with some aluminum heads.

I would do a project thread on it, but due to moving I will wait to start that. I thought this one was severely rusted until I did the 65 GTO. This one is easy to me now, so expect it to get built quick and look nice in short order over the winter.

It used to look pretty bad...

How it looked before I started.

Last edited by Thumpin455; September 29, 2013, 04:29 PM.

You make me look like a seven-year itch.

Nice.
    I'm still learning

Comment

I like the black on that body style. Sorry your life is getting turned upside-down but some good will come from it.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        Sorry your life is getting turned upside-down but some good will come from it.

Dan
        I agree with this but at the same time he (Todd) went into it with the right mindset and such a positive attitude that hardly anything negative could come from it. Sometimes things don't go the way they were planned. Better to call it quits before shit gets ugly than to try to tough it out for whatever reason and get burned worse later when it's harder to recover.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the positive spin you've put on the situation and all the cool self-made barn finds. I'll buy you a drink if we ever meet.
        Last edited by 68scott385; September 30, 2013, 07:07 AM.
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Good is coming from all of this. I am closing on my land later this week, and then the process of getting a shop built will take up my time. I am scaling things back a bit so I can do it quicker, a small 30x40 ish shop with a heated floor will get me back indoors quicker than the monster 40x80 I want to build. Also, I can have the apartment in the smaller shop, and then use it as a garage for my daily driver and a maintenance bay so I dont have to move stuff around to work on something in the winter. Its funny, I will have two shops before I have a house to live in. Its obvious that a woman is not being considered in the planning, isnt it?

I have wanted to get my own place going for a long time, and this is working out quite well. Her name will not be on the deed, and that is what I want. I want it to be mine and only mine, so nobody can move me off it. I would have done this back in '10 or '11 but I was doing the GTO for her dad, and that took priority. Now that car is done, and I need a place to live and work. The nice thing is it will be set up so I can just take off and leave at any time, go back to Nebraska and hang out there and build stuff in both locations.

For far too long I put someone else as the priority in my life, this is about me and what I want. It will take me a few years to get things how I want them, but when its done it will be kick ass.

To recap the good things.

I can walk without pain for the first time in ten years.
          I lost almost 60lbs this year, only need five more and its 60.
          I am building a shop and house on land I am buying.
          Her dad and I still get along and he will help me with things, he is still helping.
          I dont have to worry about someone taking my investment from me.
          I found out who my real friends are up here, and they are great friends.
          Lots of cars are painted now, so the investment is gaining equity.

Throw in I am great looking, retired, and have awesome cars and life is freakishly good for my age.

Comment

Right on!!
            I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
              Good is coming from all of this. I am closing on my land later this week, and then the process of getting a shop built will take up my time. I am scaling things back a bit so I can do it quicker, a small 30x40 ish shop with a heated floor will get me back indoors quicker than the monster 40x80 I want to build. Also, I can have the apartment in the smaller shop, and then use it as a garage for my daily driver and a maintenance bay so I dont have to move stuff around to work on something in the winter. Its funny, I will have two shops before I have a house to live in. Its obvious that a woman is not being considered in the planning, isnt it?

I have wanted to get my own place going for a long time, and this is working out quite well. Her name will not be on the deed, and that is what I want. I want it to be mine and only mine, so nobody can move me off it. I would have done this back in '10 or '11 but I was doing the GTO for her dad, and that took priority. Now that car is done, and I need a place to live and work. The nice thing is it will be set up so I can just take off and leave at any time, go back to Nebraska and hang out there and build stuff in both locations.

For far too long I put someone else as the priority in my life, this is about me and what I want. It will take me a few years to get things how I want them, but when its done it will be kick ass.

To recap the good things.

I can walk without pain for the first time in ten years.
              I lost almost 60lbs this year, only need five more and its 60.
              I am building a shop and house on land I am buying.
              Her dad and I still get along and he will help me with things, he is still helping.
              I dont have to worry about someone taking my investment from me.
              I found out who my real friends are up here, and they are great friends.
              Lots of cars are painted now, so the investment is gaining equity.

Throw in I am great looking, retired, and have awesome cars and life is freakishly good for my age.
              Your proof that moving forward with your life is so much better than being stagnant. It's easy to be stagnant and miserable. It's hard and scary to make that first move in moving forward, but once you do start moving; it's so much better in every way.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
                Good is coming from all of this.

Comment

once you hit bottome aint no where to go but up...unless you hit bottom with a shovel..then I suppose you could go down further...but I digress....Glad to hear things are looking up.
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                  X