Clear All

• Old Hot Rod Magazines

How many of you still have them?

I have
    12 to 15 years worth of Hot Rod
    5 to 6 years worth of Peterson 4x4
    couple years of Car craft
    10 years of Motor trend (1960 to 1970)

I have thought of tossing them but just cannot.

How long do we hold on to this stuff?
    Drag Week 2006 11.00 index DNF
    Drag Week 2011 DD
    Drag week 2012 Hot Rod Winner
    Drag week 2013 Hot Rod Winner

can't give em away

Comment

1976 and newer...all of them. And a bunch from the 50s-60s.
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I have a huge amount of them too. Hot Rod back to maybe the mid 80's and at least 15 years of Car Craft and a lot more. I like to save and would never get rid of the ones like Hot Cars or Speed and Super car and even Musclecars. These were all printed here in NY or NJ.

Comment

Got 3 boxes I been tripping over all dang summer.. Can't chuck em to save my soul!

Comment

I was.like you with hot rod and car craft. Had about three years of a few Chevy magazines .Realized they were taking up a lot of room and that they were constantly getting the covers torn off. I never looked back at them so finally if it didn't have an editorial by DF I got rid of it. Realized that I didn't have any separation anxiety. Pitched the rest. I still get them but just pass them on. I hardly ever see anything I haven't seen before several times. I like that now I don't seem to see the same cars in every magazine I get just shuffled around thru different months of the year.
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
              I was.like you with hot rod and car craft. Had about three years of a few Chevy magazines .Realized they were taking up a lot of room and that they were constantly getting the covers torn off. I never looked back at them so finally if it didn't have an editorial by DF I got rid of it. Realized that I didn't have any separation anxiety. Pitched the rest. I still get them but just pass them on. I hardly ever see anything I haven't seen before several times. I like that now I don't seem to see the same cars in every magazine I get just shuffled around thru different months of the year.
              Did you give them to a car club of just the recycle bin?

I have them in boxes and are in great shape. I see them every fall when is time to clean the basement. I feel I am tossing history.
              Drag Week 2006 11.00 index DNF
              Drag Week 2011 DD
              Drag week 2012 Hot Rod Winner
              Drag week 2013 Hot Rod Winner

Comment

I have boxes and boxes of them, that every time I move I consider pitching but can't. Sometimes its fun to look back at the new tech that was ten years ago and think how far its come. I keep treating them, but now that I have two boys ive decided to keep them for the boys. Maybe they will enjoy them in another ten years.

Comment

I've recycled a bunch, mostly when we moved here to NC. Pretty much nobody wants them. A friend gave a bunch to a VA hospital and he had to talk them into taking them.

One of these days I'll round up the rest and toss them, too.

Dan

Comment

I pitched a bunch of them during my move. Kept the ones that I meant something to me.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

On the Power Tour, we do a VA show on Friday. The car mags (all of 'em) are one of the items we pass off to the vets. They love 'em!! A few years ago, there was an organization in Wisconsin that sent 'goody boxes' to the troops in the mid-East. We donated our old mags there too. You might consider checking into other organizations that support our troops overseas, in your areas.
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I really tried to give them to someone, even my car guy oldest son to no avail. Just put them in the recycle bin. It felt like throwing away art but after I got home......no regrets.
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

car craft 82-2009/hotrod 81-2010 12-13/h.p. Pontiac 5 years worth/pop h.r. 85-98/ s.chevy 85-00/ auto restorer 2002-2008/hemings muscle machine and what it was called before that 00-13/ then a bunch of odd balls, mopar ,kit car,

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                            On the Power Tour, we do a VA show on Friday. The car mags (all of 'em) are one of the items we pass off to the vets. They love 'em!! A few years ago, there was an organization in Wisconsin that sent 'goody boxes' to the troops in the mid-East. We donated our old mags there too. You might consider checking into other organizations that support our troops overseas, in your areas.
                            I use to dump my mags at the local VA hospital in LA. A friend used to volunteer there and said they only had Golf Digest and People.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Sell them at the swap meet. 10 for a dollar, people will buy them. I have sold many that way, mostly to younger kids.

Comment

Working...
                              X