X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More trar weirdness - Opel GT on Datsun frame

Found this while looking for a cheap ATV on the local Craigslist:

In case it's taken down:

this is a 72 opel gt mounted on a 1980 datsun 720 pickup chassis and drivetrain, it runs and drives, needs lots of work but it is the coolest woods buggy/rock crawler you will ever find, has new master cylinder and ignition, first $1300 or make me an offer i can't refuse, will only trade for a dodge d100 or d150 shortbed with a clean body, or an old (60's-70's) mopar, tags rail buggy dune buggy rat rod gasser hemi gtx fury demon duster dart coronet chopper bobber

Evidently, he didn't get the memo that trars need a Chevy frame. Also, you'll notice the rear quarter windows have been covered up, and the headlights welded shut.
    Last edited by Matt Cramer; October 1, 2013, 07:41 AM.

its a unibody, think lamination (big frame not needed if smartly mounted together). I noticed it was all steel. Original engine was a nightmare for the opel. the original rice screaming 6000 rpm for double digit horsepower. Good idea for the trar build.. that may even stepup to a stronger drivetrain, good body/frame man playing geometry. being so low, I wonder if a Subaru could be stuffed into it.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
    X