The Most Funnest Stuff Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Most Funnest Stuff Ever

I've felt nearly guilty of late, posting all so much stuff about me driving like a preacher on a road course. That's just too much fun.

I've gushed too much. But from all the things I've ever enjoyed, that's just too much fun. Vivid 3D fun. Things you've done when you knew even when it was happening that this is life-fun (lots of things seem more fun when you think about it later).

Surely you all have done something that was just too much fun (I hope so). And since this is BangShift I'll bet a whole lot of it involves cars. But maybe not.

What's the most funnest thing ever? Monk will yawn, for sure. And I may get banned.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

most funnest. I can't possibly have a number 1. The last of crazy military, the last of carbed v8s every single day... Even the little boxer is a life long thing to remember. That wing gliding stuff... that reall grabs my brain, I am turning in my seat as the flyer turns on video. (this is posted in another thread)

my to do list seems boring. 31 pounds per horsepower and 135mph.. and this wingsuit, that just takes the cake.

another thing, just the past two years.. 95mph and 78000 pounds. whooda thunk it...
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; October 1, 2013, 05:43 PM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
      most funnest. I can't possibly have a number 1. The last of crazy military, the last of carbed v8s every single day... Even the little boxer is a life long thing to remember. That wing gliding stuff... that reall grabs my brain, I am turning in my seat as the flyer turns on video. (this is posted in another thread)

my to do list seems boring. 31 pounds per horsepower and 135mph.. and this wingsuit, that just takes the cake.

another thing, just the past two years.. 95mph and 78000 pounds. whooda thunk it...

The wing gliding - it doesn't count for funnest thing ever if you didn't do it - was that you flying?

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
        The wing gliding - it doesn't count for funnest thing ever if you didn't do it - was that you flying?
        of course not. The closest I have come is the boom pod window of a kc135e... looking down and backwards at the world going by at 500 mph. Still not the funnest thing...I really do not have one.

My snowmobile memories ranks right up there. 100 mph in a trail grooved wide enough for a sled...trees going by like... a snowmobile doing 100mph on a trail grooved just enough to fit the sled.

my "like a" stories do not have a comparison. That is as fun as it gets.
        Previously boxer3main

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
          of course not. The closest I have come is the boom pod window of a kc135e... looking down and backwards at the world going by at 500 mph. Still not the funnest thing...I really do not have one.

My snowmobile memories ranks right up there. 100 mph in a trail grooved wide enough for a sled...trees going by like... a snowmobile doing 100mph on a trail grooved just enough to fit the sled.

my "like a" stories do not have a comparison. That is as fun as it gets.
          I do believe going 100 mph between some trees counts. As long as you liked it!

Had some Canadians try to convince me to do that while I was there (ride bitch on a SnowDoo)......they didn't succeed in that. Naw, I'll just drink beer at the motel over the weekend, thank you. We'll get back to work on the project Monday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
            I do believe going 100 mph between some trees counts. As long as you liked it!

Had some Canadians try to convince me to do that while I was there (ride bitch on a SnowDoo)......they didn't succeed in that. Naw, I'll just drink beer at the motel over the weekend, thank you. We'll get back to work on the project Monday morning.
            it is wild. tunnel vision. my own was a suped up triple, last of carbs overlapped with liquid cooling. 13000 rpms was not hard to get too. I knew I had to sell, was getting more disabled as time went along. I was flying across a lake called pushaw, speedometer buried at 110... needed brakes for the last half of it, about a mile. I was done with snowmobiles. I got a look at the faces of the people on shore I finally got to.. I went too much daredevil. life and death. when the fear is on other peoples faces.. might be time to step back.
            Last edited by Barry Donovan; October 1, 2013, 07:20 PM.
            Previously boxer3main

Comment

running 4 T-56-A-15 turboprop engines to max power on the ramp is a hoot

Running the 1/4 mile is a kick in the ass.

Road tripping the ALCAN was fun

Wrenching on aircraft all night to meet the next mornings search and rescue sorties is rewarding...

The most fun ever....just being with my kids man, just being with the kids..
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I thought and thought.. No single activity stands out.. I have moments..
                Watching Gary scale the banks of a gravel pit, which the last 3-6 ft are vertical...
                A hit on a rival in the passenger door as he looks up and hangs on.. Calling me a "m'fer" by pulling his helmet down so I could read his lips..
                By myself on a very twisty road (15-35 mph twisties never under 30 mph ) on the bike..
                Rowing thru the gears in the 57 while a friend's loudmouth kid screams and freaks out ..
                Birth of my kids..
                Watching them work together in a derby
                Helping my wife in her garden
                Playing with the grandbabies. Guess they aren't babies any more (5 and 6 now)
                Got more! But these are nice ones!

Comment

Taking my nephewfor a ride in my Camaro, and him running for the restroom so he didn't wet himself. Playing football with my 4-yearold grandson andletting him tackle me. Teaching my daughter how to work on cars. Seeing the look on my granddaughters face as she plays soccer.

Comment

There was a night a while back when my little boy was taunting me...telling me my old car "couldnt make smoke" meaning it couldnt do burnouts like the cars we watch on TV.

We were just cruising around, so I pulled into an empty lot and told him to hold on...A little brake and a lot of gas and soon there was a huge cloud of smoke...He looked at me and said what? whats happening? I said look behind us and he turned aound and started laughing hysterically, he was bouncing up and down in his seat with a smile so wide...so I just kept on it...soon the smoke was in the car and he was still laughing...I let off the brake and it started to roll out still buring and he suddenly sat down and grabbed the dash with a look of terror...when it was all over he looked at me and said DO IT AGAIN!....that there is some damn fun stuff...
                    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                    X