Inappropriate gifts (rated G version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inappropriate gifts (rated G version)

So a friend knitted this for her husband (for their anniversary)

Click image for larger version

Name:	8 ball sweater.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	880699

it's a 8 ball shifter knob sweater.... for his muscle car..... and yes, I asked, she claims it comes in hetero as well
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

I have several motivations. Being a Subaru groupy is not one of them... but it was from my dad. I only speak of work on the little Subaru wagon, never my liking it. Anyway, I said "thanks"

I took a picture of the sky with green in it recently.. does this mean I stare at it everyday looking for cloud formations and writing poetry?

Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

but Barry, would you like a knitted sweater for your ball?

Comment

Brass ball, Bic lighter, few seconds.. Warm ball, warm hand, doesn't slip off when I get rough...
        Glove my ball? Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
          but Barry, would you like a knitted sweater for your ball?
          my own got so hot sitting in the sun, I need a rag or napkin laying around .. until tinting windows. There is not a normal gift for a car guy, silly extras has something else to talk of first. I never complain, whatever it is somebody is being friendly about. A gift actually reveals the size of the senders knowledge (it is never enough).

air fresheners? my sube catches those on fire eventually. (I had one self combust as soon as it hit the ground)

Not fun, cars getting old. Custom is a whole new battle of same old shit. The biggest stab yet is getting a branded sweater thinking I like it that much.

I found an offenhauser t-shirt on ebay. I'd wear that. It is something that helped anything for 50+ years. I am using a piece intended for a 1949 mercury right now. A Cat diesel shirt/sweater.. doable. Maybe a john deere..that is ok too.
          Last edited by Barry Donovan; October 2, 2013, 07:39 AM.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
            my own got so hot sitting in the sun, I need a rag or napkin laying around .. until tinting windows. There is not a normal gift for a car guy, silly extras has something else to talk of first. I never complain, whatever it is somebody is being friendly about. A gift actually reveals the size of the senders knowledge (it is never enough).

air fresheners? my sube catches those on fire eventually. (I had one self combust as soon as it hit the ground)

Not fun, cars getting old. Custom is a whole new battle of same old shit. The biggest stab yet is getting a branded sweater thinking I like it that much.

I found an offenhauser t-shirt on ebay. I'd wear that. It is something that helped anything for 50+ years. I am using a piece intended for a 1949 mercury right now. A Cat diesel shirt/sweater.. doable. Maybe a john deere..that is ok too.
            how to delicately put this....

when I was in high school we had to learn CPR. The class was not divided equally male/female.... so one "lucky" fellow got to practice chest compressions on a girl (mind you, sophomore - we were not Rico Suave).
            There was this girl, 4-10, maybe 100 lbs, 50 lbs of her was her breasts....
            As is normal, I had last choice so I was the lucky one. I would love to say that I was cool about it - no, even 30 years later I can still say it was the most embarrassing class in my life.

This girl is the one that knitted the ball sock.

I give you this background to make this assertion.

There are other ways of keeping interior spaces shaded in hot weather.

Comment

when I was in high school we had to learn CPR. The class was not divided equally male/female.... so one "lucky" fellow got to practice chest compressions on a girl (mind you, sophomore - we were not Rico Suave).
              As is normal, I had last choice so I was the lucky one. I would love to say that I was cool about it - no, even 30 years later I can still say it was the most embarrassing class in my life.

we need pictures!

Comment

Originally posted by Hemi Joel View Post
                we need pictures!
                perv

Comment

Damn, you're good...must be all that lawyer training and edumacation that helps you weed thru and decipher all that bullshit.

and I kinda dig the shifter ball coozy...pretty clever...
                  Last edited by JOES66FURY; October 2, 2013, 10:39 AM.
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Damn, all we got to use was this Resussi-Annie manikin thing. It was like giving mouth to mouth to a giant Barbie doll.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

And she knits, too?? Wow!
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                      X