What are some people thinking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are some people thinking?

Honestly..........what makes people do these things. They obviously work rather hard at it, but the results are just mind-bending.

Cool little Jeep - except for the "fender" treatments.

Last edited by STINEY; October 3, 2013, 07:38 AM.
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

work benches for the trail...just add a bench grinder and a vice..
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

But nuts and bolts would roll down the rears. Maybe you could put salt on those rears and it would roll down to get you across icy roads? The fronts are like Porsche whale tails - great for a picnic.

Dan

Comment

I see rust is already curing the problems
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

a charlie foxtrot defined

but not quite as much of one as that conglomeration of disaster posted yesterday, the forester, minivan nightmare
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

YeaBut......it was a Forester and a minivan.....I mean, I'd do that just for sh!ts-n-giggles if I had the time. This Jeep, well, its not even funny? Maybe I'm having an off day?

Comment

Could be he planned to get much larger tires before the money ran out.

Comment

hell, buy it, then sell it as "folk art" should be able to turn it for profit....
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

that must be "flat fender" jeeps. I was listening to those hot rod guys talk of them. Those flat fender jeeps can do anything.
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Cramer View Post
                    Could be he planned to get much larger tires before the money ran out.
                    Yeah, this is what I thought.
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

50 buck government surplus jeep, not everyones gonna spend money on it, they use whatever is around.

Comment

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
                        50 buck government surplus jeep, not everyones gonna spend money on it, they use whatever is around.
                        Mark, you round up all those 50 buck Jeeps you can lay hands on.......I'll double your money on every durn one.

Comment

Table for 4
                          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                            Mark, you round up all those 50 buck Jeeps you can lay hands on.......I'll double your money on every durn one.
                            They used to advertize surplus jeeps for $50 in the classified ads of the hunting magazines... I spent many a boring day wishing I could get one... Dad said it was "too good to be legit"

Comment

I remember those. It was too good to be legit........the deal was you had to buy a whole "lot" of them, and they would be torched in half before you could take possession. AND you had a very limited time to haul them away. The lot size was fairly large as well, as in hundred-count. Pretty much a scrappers-only deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X