how we entertain ourselves in the military

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how we entertain ourselves in the military

These young men, still wet behind the ears came into my office looking for NDI (non destructive inspections) They were told to come over to my shop by their bosses. They were far off from their destination and I couldnt help but laugh. Normally I would play along but this morning all I could do was laugh. You see the routing tags zp tied to their boots. Normally we would send them on a wild goose chase where eventually they would end up at NDI and their boots would be red x'ed and said to be cracked and unsafe. I snapped their picture and it is now being forwarded all over the world by my many friends within the DoD. Good stuff and it sure brightened my day!

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

inspections. I was a slobbed grease monkey with my own boots from a store called "mardens." Ya know.. no one said a damn word. That budget crunch in 1995, a few of us was literally on our own.

..and as blurry as the photo is, those boots look comfortable.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Pallet stretchers, flight line, prop wash, air or forklift exhaust samples, tornado watch on clear days in South Carolina, ID-10-T cards, BA eleven hundred NST rings. TR double E's, and the list goes on and on.

Comment

non-slip grease, left handed Crescent wrenches, metric Crescent wrenches, THE Marine Corp Ball, grid squares for land nav course
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

i remember in the Marines back in the early 80's sending newbies on a fun search for items at our squadron supply . i would have them ask for 20 boxes of grid squares , 50 boxes of tail hooks , 10k ft of flight line . I would also get them a deuce & half so they could bring the supplies back to my armory , the look on their faces when they found out this was a standard joke for all new personnel coming into our squadron

I've also had new recruits stand fire watch guarding stupid things like porta potties and told them they're life depended on it LOL!!!
          "if it's too loud you're too old !!! "sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X