Tools in your car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tools in your car

I didn't used to carry tools but last year I was dragging the trailer out to California to pick up the Disco Nova and the dang wiring was giving me fit's... so I bought the 30 dollar cheapy tool kit from China... TOTAL CRAP... but it's been a handy little gig... lots of crap of the lowest quality... most of it just barely works... great when you need "just Barely works"

Keith

Comment

Years ago I grabbed a cheap-China toolbox for 'free' at a shop which I had saved up for with BP's 'FreeBee'-gaspoints.
      Once I changed the ratchet for a better one, this toolbox turned out to be my most usefull collection of little tools of all.
      It had all kinds of bits and stuff, not always found in more expensive toolbox-kits.
      www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

I carry enough tools in my car to do an engine swap on the side of the road.....

I am totally serious....Can't help it...

Seth
        200 mph or bust.......

Comment

no tools in the car
          most trouble you can't fix on the side of the road - keep driving

Comment

Originally posted by ksj1
            My wife says it has something to do with a "Y chromosome.WTH is that?
            It's the one that prevents PMS and encourages dangerous behavior through stupid actions :P
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

One of the reasons I don't carry any tools is I do have a car trailer at home . If it is going to break down it'll be at work and those Dodge Boys at work are viscious. It doesn't matter that it has be a real trooper and has racked up 200,000 miles I'll get grief for a week. I'll just walk back in and call the PSB motor club! (That's the wifes initials )

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
                I didn't used to carry tools but last year I was dragging the trailer out to California to pick up the Disco Nova and the dang wiring was giving me fit's... so I bought the 30 dollar cheapy tool kit from China... TOTAL CRAP... but it's been a handy little gig... lots of crap of the lowest quality... most of it just barely works... great when you need "just Barely works"
                A couple years ago our car club had a valentines day run to a few surrounding towns, wife took me in the prowler (it's red) so we didn't have any tools. Of course it didn't break, but another guy's VW did, fortunately he had one of those crappy little tool sets and I managed to find a piece of wire on the side of the road, and use the crappy tools to get his throttle linkage working again.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Usually nothing nut after today thats going to change, the Camaro needs a tool box and it not just to hold up the seat! See "Sunday drive" thread you'll get a good laugh!

Comment

I think tools keep the gremlins away .I helped some one bring a car back from Minn. with a tow dolly to VA . I no WTF. car we drove was 83 Buick Electra park avenue 125000 miles ran fine going out almost 20 miles to gallon .comming back towing car it would back fire every once in a while .very random . threw easy stuff at it cap rotor etc along the way .got back with in 2 miles of home and it backfired taking off from a light and quit(on this trip I had everything possible in the trunk) well it jumped time at that light .the teeth were all gone off of the plastic cam gear?! alaways have tools with me!

Comment

Working...
                    X