No announcement yet.

Tire lettering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahaha hahahahah. LMAO!
    Originally posted by oldsman496 View Post
    My ex-wife was really good at that art.

But she used a curb.
    STUGOTS

Comment

Why?

Comment

Originally posted by GFogg View Post
        Why?
        Because this

does not look as nice as this:

Then again, nothing beats this look, forget about the darn lettering:

That is, except this:

The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

so you want a smoothed sidewall? Do you have some junk tires to experiment on?

I would think it would require spinning the tire - if no other way than firmly held on jack stands in first or reverse with engine at idle and a kill switch close at hand. Then using some sort of grinder / sander / DA and good technique to massage the rubber down smooth. I'm not sure but I think all raised white tires the white is a layer of the sidewall and there was a video floating around of guys turning raised whites into white walls as I recall? Maybe that would shed some like on the technique.

Or maybe a sipping knife like they use to put slices across the tread would work to take the side wall down?

This guy did OK with 80 grit and a DA:
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Schtauffer View Post
            Here's why I'm asking... women collect shoes, car guys collect wheels & tires. My latest set of sneakers for the '67 is a set of factory style steel wheels with the little dog-dish hubcaps so the car looks stock again, just for fun. Problem: I don't mind running a cheap set of radials, but the sidewalls on a lot of newer tires are just freaking ugly. I try not to be too anal about stuff, but its so bad it ruins the entire stock look. I'm not in the mood to drop $800-$1000 for a set of bias tires from Coker so the car looks "right" but I can't find a set of tires with acceptable sidewalls in the sizes I want (205/75-15 on a 6" rim and 225/70-15 on a 7"). Any ideas other than grinding the sidewalls down? Am I alone?
            I'm with ya

I got my pie crusts radials from Towel City Tire.....they're retreads with sidewalls buffed off.
            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

a local car builder is finishing up a project for the houston autorama here next month and he was doing that to the tires for the project, when i asked him who in the houston area that does it he told me they were sent out of state to be done, that tells me its not that common but he is a perfectionist so he wants it done right
              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Working...
              X