No announcement yet.

Damn Right I got The Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I managed to miss Clapton twice, had badass tickets and everything... atomic fallout from a domestic dispute. Neither one of us went (last ex). I stopped trying to see him. Enjoy it Dan!

Oh yeah, another New Old blues guy I can't go see... Earl Hooker, cousin of John Lee... pretty sure that "two bugs" they're talking about ain't bugs.

I need to get out more.
    Last edited by Beagle; October 7, 2013, 05:49 AM.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

one more and I'll leave your thread alone Dan. I saw a documentary years ago on Leadbelly. Interesting stuff for sure.

Last edited by Beagle; October 7, 2013, 05:57 AM.

Comment

I knew that was an old tune but I didn't know it was a Hudie Ledbetter (yep, Leadbelly's real name) tune. And why do I have a brain cell taken up with Leadbelly's real name? No wonder I don't know anything of actual value!

Dan

Comment

That's the beauty of it - you never know who's covering what. When I was a kid and new everything, unlike now where I know nothing, I got shocked a few times with hearing that these songs weren't new. I moved the garage stereo to location X.... Guess I need to go pawnshopping today, I need a new (old) amplifier for the garage so I can waste my youtube hours working on something. THANKS for getting me stuck on that Dan. Hahahaha. After spending some time this morning I think my blues tendencies lean towards Delta and not Chicago. I'd say wasting time, but it's certainly not a waste!

At least it's not the Mexican Dog song THANKS DARRYL that took me six weeks to purge from my skull.
          Last edited by Beagle; October 7, 2013, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X