Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trip to the desert

Originally posted by DanStokes
    Some of our NC cars are pretty nice, but you have to check 'em carefully. My Camaro - I can loosen any bolt on it and screw it apart with my fingers. This is a real treat after working on Michigan cars all my life (Min and Milner know what I mean!). My second Vega was from Arizona and was nice, although the engine was shot (THERE'S a shock). I only wanted it for it's beautiful body - does this make me a male pig? Or is "male" and "pig" redundant? Either way, I REALLY appreciate rust-free cars. The Wildcat is great, and I'd happily get that Metro out of their way. Both ME's mom and my mom had one when we were in HS. ME's mom's was on Okinawa, where all the cars rusted due to the salt spray - you can't get more than about 13 miles from the ocean, no matter what you do.

Dan
    Hey Dan, my Dad left our 64 Buick Special wagon in Okinawa when we left in 76. What's the chances in still a running vehicle? Me neither.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Re: Trip to the desert

friend of mine worked at the vehicle craft shop on okinawa for a long time, 60s-70s....still has a Ford 4x4 that he brought over from there. Interesting stories about having to make stuff because they couldn't get anything.

Meanwhile, back to our regularly scheduled program....
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
      X