Bob's Friday the 4th.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob's Friday the 4th.

I went to Bob's Big Boy last night with CC's John McGann. I'm not a fan of fireworks. Since most everyone I know was out of town; I thought I'd hang out with some car guys. It's was pretty quiet there, but there were some really nice cars. A lot of the regulars including the guy who has a jumbo TV in the bed of his truck and plays movies as soon as it gets dark. There was biker babe in a mini-skirt sitting at a picnic table with her legs spread apart. She gave a pair of 70 year old men a nice show. Tease. John walked right into a garbage can when he saw her.

74 Plymouth Satellite Sebring sporting a 360.

57 Vette. This thing has a solid lifter cammed 427 4 spd. Sounded nasty. This is my favorite year of Vettes.

Is the Vette's exhaust a violation?

A genuine Competition model Cobra. This disgusting guy has two. He drives this car every week. Even his friend's think he's crazy.

58 Caddy Coupe de Ville

I love this buggy. It also has a go cart wheeled wheelie bar. Yes, that's Groucho's vette in the background. He didn't stay long. He gave me an explanation why he hasn't been on CJTV for a while. Had something to do with the Word Association thread and his favorites always opening it whenever he got on the computer. He got mad and left. OK.

This 30 Bantam rod was originally built with a Ford Flattie in '54. It now has a genuine 56 Vette dual quad 265 and 3 speed manual. The engine also has no fan at all. I'm surprised he made it there in the heat.

Check out the rumble seat in this customized 50 Merc.

409 Impala. Yumm.

40 Ford Deluxe convert. Totally sweet car, but had some paint flaws and drips.

Check this out. That's just an air cleaner. It came with the car when the new owner bought it. No one seems to know who built it.

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Re: Bob's Friday the 4th.

Thanks for the shots and the invite. I should have gone.

The Vette exhaust is a violation, but the injector-stack air cleaner is worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
      Thanks for the shots and the invite. I should have gone.

The Vette exhaust is a violation, but the injector-stack air cleaner is worse.

The only car in the world that is allowed to have 8 exhaust pipes is the Speed Sport Roadster.

The mother of all violations is the "fake cool speed parts" violation IMHO.

Brian
      [img][/img]
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

John and I had a great time. He needed a break from writing stories. He was working yesterday and he said he'd be working and tomorrow. I think Glad is running some kind of prison farm over there at CC. :P

I took John for a drive in the Impala, then handed over the keys. My car's tranny makes it a bit tricky to drive, but he got the hang of it pretty quickly. I think he enjoyed driving it.

We talked to everybody there and my voice is totalled.

As for the 40 Ford's air cleaner. When he first opened the hood I got really excited, but when I saw the carb and intake; it was a big let down. It's a ZZ4 motor with the usual billet crap. I still liked the car as a whole and most of the violations are easily fixable.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X