No announcement yet.

Time to start some s**t: four valve Fords dominate P H R EMC Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

surprise they haven't banned Kaase period.
    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

The Titans of EMC battled it out again this year. Kaase V BES. Its like Hagler/Hearns or Frazier/Ali. Fascinating every year. Accufab sure put a scare into them, though.
      I'm still learning

Comment

Cream rises and with the multiple entries the top 10 was mostly previously winners with glory going to some of our BSers on the Throttles Perfect Pontiac squad.
        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
          if you got 2 years out of those rollers, you 1) didn't put many miles on the car(street car not once a month toy) and 2)don't have fast ramps...on your cam..
          engine builders on team chevelle and the 3 shops that build cars that put 5-10k miles on the car a season, still can't get even the best lifters to last.. but they race and drive the car all season.. not once in a while..
          I do around, 5000-6000 miles a year, around a 100 passes, 2 Drag Week, 5 NMCA True streets, and the odd auto-x and the run to the coast three times which is a combination of 2.4 mile road course, 1.2 mile auto x and drag/slalom/speed stop deal. You tell me about the lobes, just a bit over 200* at .200. Donuts many weekends etc. I don't recall seeing you at any of them.

Other things I picked up from EMC: many folks are too conservative on compression, mine is 11.86:1 and runs everywhere on Cali 91, dual TB's on a tunnel ram makes power everywhere, EFI is simply better for "street cars", WOT power is as good or better and drivability and mileage are far better. There are lots of choices and tons of people way smarter than me, these are just my observations.
          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

I'm surprised you wasted your time on an answer. You forgot to mention that you have 1.5 inches of lift and four tons worth of valve weight too
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
              I'm surprised you wasted your time on an answer. You forgot to mention that you have 1.5 inches of lift and four tons worth of valve weight too
              Now that's a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                My bad.

Comment

I look forward to detailed coverage of the DOHC winners in "Engine Masters." Congratulations to all those who did what some of us thought couldn't be done under the 400-cube minimum rule. Thank you for giving us long-suffering late model OHC Ford V8 fans something to cheer this year!

Sadly, I suspect it will all be a soon-forgotten historical footnote because the "traditional" OHV lobby is just too strong in most sanctioning bodies and two-valve OHV is just too cheap and too entrenched.

Besides, flooding the market with cheap, inferior technology has almost always prevailed in the grassroots of our sport. Bangshifting is seldom about technological excellence.

But at least for a brief, shining moment in October 2013, the DOHC four-valve crème DID rise to the top!

Comment

Working...
                  X