Micro Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micro Cars

I was watching Chasing Cars last night and Wayne was buying a couple of these at auction.

A pretty cool episode.

These were big in Germany after the war and many service men bought while stationed there.
    Said you could get one for 4 cartons of cigs.

Some are going for over a $100,000 now....many over $30,000.

Check the link out for the micro car museum.

http://microcarmuseum.com/

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Cousin It's Messerschmidt. I see an Isetta behind it?

One of my favorite old Top Gear's was them driving a Peel P50 around inside the office.

We had our own with the King but the only way you were gonna get a girl in one was like this:

I guess they are like what happened with the CT70 Honda for my generation and the Cushmans and Vespas for older than me?
    Last edited by Beagle; October 15, 2013, 05:11 AM.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Yeah......I'd look like a trained bear driving one
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

There's a guy here that shows up on cruise nights in an Isetta (?) with a Hyabusa motor ... pretty cool little ride.
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
          Yeah......I'd look like a trained bear driving one
          when were you trained?
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I'm sure he's trained, the carpet in the parts pictures are spotless.

I think I could roll in one of these (after I paid up my life insurance)

Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

nothing like being the defeated enemy

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                when were you trained?
                Thom

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
                  There's a guy here that shows up on cruise nights in an Isetta (?) with a Hyabusa motor ... pretty cool little ride.
                  That is interesting. I found 2stroketurbo on you tube a few years ago, shows some of those cars in action. I stopped laughing when a 3 cylinder justy pulled into the quick lube I worked at in the early 90s...AWD straining for dear life. The little buggies are not gimmicks.

the museum link is informative, one can click their way through to learn something. Virtual tour etc.

I stop at 1.8 liters, and boxer. 2 something liter inlines and beyond... we all got our stubborn learnings. Today there is a micro car parked right next to my own. I am pretty sure its a little festiva. 12 inch wheels.

here is one of 2stroketurbos videos.
                  Last edited by Barry Donovan; October 15, 2013, 10:22 AM.
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Hmmm... looks like the Elio was inspired by those things.

The Elio is said to get 84 MPG, go 100+MPH, and cost $6800. American made from American parts...

Comment

Working...
                    X