No announcement yet.

Ford Daytona Prototype sets mark at namesake track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did that happen, its got 4-valves per cylinder and double overhead cams...and GOOD LORD...its not a V8.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

I'm still learning

Comment

what sized restrictor plate ?

Comment

Spidey, I think it was unrestricted.

Elliott's blast was far more impressive, from my perspective. But, it was also a Ford.
        Last edited by Bob Holmes; October 15, 2013, 04:11 PM.
        I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
          Spidey, I think its was unrestricted.

Elliott's blast was far more impressive, from my perspective. But, it was also a Ford.
          I agree.

I'd love to see what one of today's Cup cars would run around Daytona unrestricted.

Comment

neat how fast a car can go before they invent the rules
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by yellomalibu View Post
              I agree.

I'd love to see what one of today's Cup cars would run around Daytona unrestricted.
              this is embarrassing if to fall for it. All the real balanced engines that could do 300 all day long are runted. They are promoting the v6, economical fairy tale..and that is all. That v6 engine is an asshole. Always will be. Here, have some v12.
              Last edited by Barry Donovan; October 15, 2013, 04:08 PM.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by yellomalibu View Post
                I agree.

this..

Comment

I remember back in the mid-1980s, one of the magazines (Road & Track maybe?) got a NASCAR team and an IMSA team to come to the TRC 7.5 mile oval in Ohio. With some front end stuff taped over and the right gearing, the Monte Carlo went something like 240 mph. The IMSA Porsche 962 was only good for 227, because it was geared for LeMans and it would been several hours work to change the ratios in the transaxle apparently.

cheers
                  Ed
                  Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                  07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                  88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

couldn't WIN , but set a record
                    Congratulations WAYNE TAYLOR and Earnhardt Childress Engines on your Championship !!

Comment

Originally posted by fast Ed View Post
                      I remember back in the mid-1980s, one of the magazines (Road & Track maybe?) got a NASCAR team and an IMSA team to come to the TRC 7.5 mile oval in Ohio. With some front end stuff taped over and the right gearing, the Monte Carlo went something like 240 mph. The IMSA Porsche 962 was only good for 227, because it was geared for LeMans and it would been several hours work to change the ratios in the transaxle apparently.

cheers
                      Ed
                      Tim Richmond ..brought the talladega car after 500 miles of racing....... 240 mph on an 850 holley WHAT ???

Last edited by SpiderGearsMan; October 16, 2013, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                        Tim Richmond ..brought the talladega car after 500 miles of racing....... 240 mph on an 850 holley WHAT ???

I remember that issue...now I feel old.

Comment

Is Ford calling their car a Daytona?

Comment

well , they didn't win much in grand am

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post

Heh, I had that issue, back when I subscribed. If I recall correctly, the prototype had its LeMans tail, but since they were set up for so much ground effect at the time it really killed the top speed of the car. Nascar of the day didn't use much ground effect so it was aerodynamically much more efficient.

Comment

Working...
                              X