Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible fly in - drive it home road trip.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice car Joel.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Damn that is a sweet ride. I can understand your trepidation. Looking forward to the smoky burnout report
      BKB
      www.FBthrottlebodies.com
      Bruce K Bridges

Comment

For the love of numbers matching goodness - one of 17! WOW - that's one heck of a nice 401k plan you just bought!

WELL DONE!
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
          Set the the lash to 0.030"
          One thing about this Hemi is that it is SO quiet, there is none of the normal solid lifter valvetrain noise. So two things crossed my mind regarding that, but I didn't have time to pull a valve cover: maybe someone swapped in a juice cam; or maybe someone set the lash way too tight and an occasional non-seating intake valve could blow enuff compression back into the intake to cause the momentary hiccups.

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
            if its in the Austin area, I would like to come up and photograph the car before you head home with it
            Its in Dallas, but you are welcome to come and meet me when I go get it.

Comment

Originally Posted by Racingcritters
              Need a trunk monkey?
              Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
              LMAO! That was great.

Joel, don't forget to take lots of pictures on your trip!

See picture, above - the trunk is big enuff for a whole heard of monkys.

Did you notice that the top is blue?
              Last edited by Hemi Joel; October 17, 2013, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Tip: never try to get thru airport securitywith a fuel pump, a bag full of wires and alligator clips, electric tape, and an assortment of small pliers, wrenches and screw drivers. I didn''t want to mess with checking a bag, so I carried it all on the plane. By the time they got done with me, I felt like I needed a cigarette, and I don't even smoke.
                The good news is that they let me in the plane, but the bad news is that they said I have a polyp.

Comment

I tried to warn you.....
                  My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by Hemi Joel View Post
                    Tip: never try to get thru airport securitywith a fuel pump, a bag full of wires and alligator clips, electric tape, and an assortment of small pliers, wrenches and screw drivers. I didn''t want to mess with checking a bag, so I carried it all on the plane. By the time they got done with me, I felt like I needed a cigarette, and I don't even smoke.
                    The good news is that they let me in the plane, but the bad news is that they said I have a polyp.
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Holy shit Joel! That truly is a once in a life time opportunity, Wow. I'm happy for you.
                      Tom
                      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Awesome car, congratulations! There's something magical about that combination of a 426 hemi and a convertible. It was an article on a '71 hemicuda convertible in Musclecar Review that really sparked my interest in muscle cars when I was 16. I'd love to have anything with a 426 hemi in it.

Comment

I carried a delco 75 60 battery on the train from white plains to east hampton , walking from grand central to penn station

Comment

Working...
                          X